Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well ***** last month killed 8 of my favorites - so I went to war so far as of last night I have got 4 ***** 1 possume and the war goes on. so far been 2 weeks and they not got any more of my bantams but I am going keep on after them this time.. :lol:

·
Registered
294 Posts
A couple of years ago i declared war on ***** because I wanted to grow sweet corn. We had given up, ***** always got every ear. One night I heard noise on the porch and looked out to see 2 or 3 going after the bird feeders, so I had an idea. I baited the ***** right there and every night before bed checked the bait, just 15 feet from the door. Long story short, after 15 none came any more and we didn't lose an ear. (Or a chicken either) I hated to do it, but ***** don't seem to have any problem rebounding after they've been thinned out.

·
Registered
26 Posts
***** are a pain. I had one come waltzing up into my yard, broad daylight (5 pm) and stroll between my playpens which were filled will juveniles whilst I cleaned their coop. Did not get anything because I was all over him in a couple of second...threw a brick at him. Set the traps that night and got one possum and the stupid little raccoon. So, I am keeping the traps set, gun loaded and parked by the front door. I am battling the heat and I refuse to battle critters after my birds...standing shoot on sight orders around here.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
score is now 5 ***** for me and no chickens lost ;)

·
Registered
438 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Yes, and once they've killed one they'll be back every night until they're gone unless you do something.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Stephenscity said:
I didn't know ***** would kill chickens knew they'd get the eggs but never had them kill chickens. Learn something new every day.
Oh they kill them alright..brutally too. They will pull them through fencing, even 1" chickenwire. Sad thing is...if they get in your coop, they will kill all of them and eat part of maybe one. They rip their heads off to get to the sweet meat. They are tough to keep out because their front paws are like hands and they have great dexterity...they can open latches really well too and strong wow. They keep coming back until there are no birds to get. Possum will steal eggs and leave birds but they also kill birds. I worry less about them because my coop is very very secure and a possum is not getting in...a bear yes but possum no.

Way to go Jr. I have killed 6 ***** and 4 possum and yesterday a fox. War is declared here in Northern Scott County.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
**** score up date
***** - no more chickens killed
me - total 8 ***** as of last night :lol:

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
You going for the *****, City *****.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts