Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I own a 1919 Toro "To-Ro" Motor Cultivator that has been completely restored to original standards and is in perfect, running condition. The tractor was purchased new by my Great Grandfather after he returned from World War 1 and it has been in the family ever since. The restoration of the tractor began in 2011 and only recently completed by Lee J. Sackett, with only a few minor details remaining. I've been entertaining the idea of selling the tractor, but of also keeping it. The design and rights to the tractor were eventually sold to Rumley and they rebranded it the Rumley Do-All.

If I keep the tractor, I'd like to find a few parts for it. The 'ToRo' and the Doall were convertible tractors (as seen in the ad attached). With the the addition of a platform, side plates, and front truck, and a some elbow grease, the motor cultivator could be converted into a tractor (as seen in the advertisement.

Here is my question for the board: Has anyone here come across, or is in possession of, or may know someone who has the parts necessary to convert the cultivator to a tractor? If so, please post here or send me a message as I'm interested in purchasing the parts. I am not 100% sure, but I'm assuming the parts for a Doall will fit the 'To-Ro'.

Toro Ad.jpg image5.jpg image4.jpg image3.jpg image2.jpg image1.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is this the same To-Ro that was posted about a decade ago in its unrestored condition in Smokstak? If so, this machine turned out absolutely stunning.
I don't have any specific info, but my thoughts are:
1) for info: the Jensales company sells a PDF of the 1919 catalog that has a lot of info about the machine. "Toro Sales Catalog (1919)"
2) We have a 1931 Toro tractor in the family and its interesting how similar the look of the Toro line of cultivators\tractors stayed from the teens all the way thru the '30's
3) If you can find a way to keep it in the family, you should. A machine that has been cared for by the same family for 4 or 5 generations is a very rare thing.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Very nice. Thanks for posting it. Hope you guys keep it in the family. Something to be very proud of, and not something you see. I bet there's not many intact ones left out there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts