Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is one of those projects I have mentioned that the guy knows nothing about how to fix them. It would run if you set the fuel valve just right. It also had weak spark and the magneto drive was set wrong. The clutch did almost nothing and the throttle control was so loose you couldn't set any throttle position and have it hold. It would backfire and pop and bang and just sounded horrible if it ran at all. That being said, it runs better now that I have done some work on it but I am not happy with it yet.

Never thought to check the starting tank to see if it had fuel in it. A lot of wasted energy until I switched to the main tank :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
It is one of those tractors that looks good from afar but is afar from good looking.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hi masseymechanic,

As I can see you've also gained a "restored Deer". :lol:
However, you have the advantage that your deer still roars.
I have not heard a sound from my deer.
We have butchered him right as he stood in the workshop. :eek:

I'm sure that you get it to work!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This one isn't mine.This is one of those that belong to a guy that doesn't know how to fix them. It still has a long way to go to be right.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Left it sit for a couple days.Tried it today and it started on the 4th turn. Much better than it was.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts