Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My air cleaner is missing the screen that goes under the cap at the top of the air cleaner. Rice Equipment sent me a screen but I think something is still missing or the screen is wrong. There is no seal between the screen and the input pipe; or at the cap for that matter. Are there pictures anywhere that might show details? Or if someone were willing, could you snap some pics of the thing from different angles, maybe assembled, part-way disassembled and separate parts?

Otherwise I have to wait till tractor show season to look at one myself. I don't know anyone locally with another F-20.

Thanks.

Paul

·
Registered
30 Posts
I think the one I have is a 39--- not sure, never paid any attention to it really as it was a package deal---had to take it to get the one I wanted. Right now weather has me grounded, so I cant get to the shed to get pix, but I think it has a complete air cleaner on it. I remember seeing the screen.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for getting back to me. I did get some pics from another source so pretty much know what I have to do now. Basically have to fabricate a "donut" that rests on the rib on the intake pipe and which then supports the bottom of the screen. Top of the screen seats inside the cap. Not sure if I can force some sheet metal around a form or if I'll have to turn it from solid stock and make it look like a metal stamping which I'm pretty sure it was originally.

Thanks,
Paul

1 - 3 of 3 Posts