Antique Tractors Forum banner

1941 Case

11K views 24 replies 9 participants last post by  JD2840 
#1 ·
Got this one sometime last summer

for free..

See less See more
#8 ·
i have a brand new zenith to go on it and had it on it for a while. its off at the moment. it will start and run just fine but still has the problem where the RPMs go up all the way

#9 ·
Great looking project

#10 ·
FREE?? where was i when they were giving them out?? :lol:

#14 ·
It was free due to it being on a estate that no one could agree on dividing up so it was being sold. The new owners were going to scrap it if it was left there so the guy who had it sent out a "distress" call of sorts to my freind in OK who shot me a email about it. couple days later it was sitting under the big pecans next to the shed. its indoors now though

#15 ·
sweet deal...

kinda reminds me of an 8n I saw setting in a field for years.. good shape and all.. no battery, flatish tires.... stopped and asked the owner if it was for sale... nope.. a couple years later my buddy calls me and tells me he stopped in to that guys place and told the guy he'd haul it off for 50$ and the guy PAID HIM.

he winched it on a trailer.. got home.. added gas to the tank.. aired up all 4 tires.. and they held..put his truck battery in it, pulled some paper thru the points hit the button and it started ... go figure... got paid to haul it off..

G
#16 ·
soundguy said:
sweet deal...

kinda reminds me of an 8n I saw setting in a field for years.. good shape and all.. no battery, flatish tires.... stopped and asked the owner if it was for sale... nope.. a couple years later my buddy calls me and tells me he stopped in to that guys place and told the guy he'd haul it off for 50$ and the guy PAID HIM.

he winched it on a trailer.. got home.. added gas to the tank.. aired up all 4 tires.. and they held..put his truck battery in it, pulled some paper thru the points hit the button and it started ... go figure... got paid to haul it off..

Someday we'll all get one of those :cool: :cool:

#19 ·
Worked some on the case yesterday. got the carb back on and started it. i need to figure this idle problem out still. it starts then idles all teh way up and the throttle doesnt do anything. you have the grap the rod connected to the carb.

#21 ·
Ray i have always thought these tractors had the look of rugged dependibility; something about the way they were built. I've never had the opportunity to see these tractors at work as they just didn't sell many of them in this area. Hope this turns out to be one of the tractors You have some of the most the most pleasure with.

#22 ·
soundguy said:
hows the carb hooked up?
Ive tried two different ways of connection the throtle linkage and neither seem to change anything.

#23 ·
mgood said:
Ray i have always thought these tractors had the look of rugged dependibility; something about the way they were built. I've never had the opportunity to see these tractors at work as they just didn't sell many of them in this area. Hope this turns out to be one of the tractors You have some of the most the most pleasure with.
I like this SC. It is a lot of fun to drive and operate. I need to get mine fixed up. Not many were sold here either.

#25 ·
Thanks! I have the govonor off at the moment and im cleaning. if that does not fix it then ill do that ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.