Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recently purchased a 1941 101 jr massey harris!!! Did the 101 jr use the same exhaust elbow that was used on the 22s between the manifold and muffler?? Someone used a torch and cut a hole to run the exhaust straight up thru the hood, the original hole is there!!!! This tractor has the cast rear wheels,and wavy centers front rims, also came with clam shell and flat top fenders!! What yrs did they use flat top fenders and what yr did they go to the louvered grille as this has screened grille? Thank You

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I can answer the exhaust elbow question after next weekend because I'll be up by two of the tractors you mentioned. I will also inquire from my friend Harold about the louvers....

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
when you mean louvered do u mean turned downward like my 1948 MH 20? when they came out with the MH22 the next year they were straight slats with the netting...hope this helps

·
Registered
483 Posts
the 101 Jr went thru a lot of changes over it's model run. It had a 124 CID engine to start then a 140 which most of the early 40's model then the 162 cid at the end.
Massey used the same exhust elbow on the 20 and 101 JR. Not sure which year the grill was changed, our 46 has the lovered grill. I also have never ran across any mention mention of a year change for the grill or the fenders.
They went with a screen that could be removed or added depending on what type of stuff you were working. The screen for the lovered style of grill was also an option some thing like $5.00 when bought with the tractor.

:D Al

1 - 4 of 4 Posts