Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to restoring Tractors and this forum. I'm looking forward to learning a lot restoring this 48 Styled Model B and being a member of this forum.

I wanted to show yall the before pictures. Most of it is still in the before stage. I'm on a budget. It may not look like it but I have all of the parts with many duplicates.

Here is the Model B that I purchased to restore. It came with some spare parts. A friend helped me get it in the back yard using his restored 37 unstyled B.

The last picture is of my son steering while I am trying to maneuver it to where we will park it to restore.

Reactions: John P

·
Registered
320 Posts
Can't wait to see the progress pics. Welcome to ATF. Stop by the campfire and formerly introduce yourself.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome.

I'll try to contribute where I can. It is all about sharing, isn't it?

·
Administrator
4,110 Posts
Good luck with your B.
Gotta say that last photo is just wrong.
It's 'sposed to be the young feller pushin'. ;)

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Lookin forward to some progress pic's! Welcome aboard :)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The pictures above were from August 2011. Since then, I've taken it entirely apart, had the crank polished, cylinders bored, installed new pistons and rings, had the bearings sized, most everything except the radiator and hood painted. Now I'm putting it back together. The table at the bottom left of the picture is where I'm making gaskets. On the bottom right are my bolts, wrenches and book. There are many green parts all around the garage.

I hope to have it popping by the summer. We will see if my honey-dos will let me.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lovesthedrive said:
LOL did you paint the book with the bolts?
No. However I need the book because I forgot where all of the bolts go. When you taking it apart, you think that you will remember, then life happens and it all runs together. Thank John for the book.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Bill Thank You for showing Your layout. Every one that works on equipment of any type comes up with a system unique to the individual. After a few overhauls the individual automaticlly lays out parts and pieces in a particular way to remember exactly where everything goes; and no matter how many overhauls a guy gets done, occasionally the parts book and tech manual still occasionally gets put to use. ;) This is another tractor we will be glad to see running

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I hear ya.

Sadly, not only do I share the garage with others and have to frequently move stuff around but my own priorities change causing more moving around. In a perfect world, I could work only on this and everything else would leave me alone or I could close it all up and know when I get back to it nothing would of moved.

However, I love company, love to help out and love engines. Being organized just won't work in my life for very long. I just can't see into the future.

Change near chaos is the norm around here.

I will show it off when finished. Maybe even a few pictures along the way.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Trying to paint the frame so it would come out just right was proving to be a challenge.

That was until I got an idea. I bolted it to my engine stand and had this rotisserie for the frame. I could paint it, roll it over a little and paint some more.

Before, it was a little difficult getting all sides without messing up one side or another. The engine stand holds over 350 pounds so the 100 is nothing for it.

I'm thinking about rigging something similar for the hood.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Wow, it is looking great! Makes our A touch up job look bad :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Great idea using the engine stand. Looking great so far.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts