Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well now I did it went and bought a 1950 8N today. Got it for $1800 with a rear blade. Looks and runs great will post pics when I get her home.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,794 Posts
Stephenscity said:
Well now I did it went and bought a 1950 8N today. Got it for $1800 with a rear blade. Looks and runs great will post pics when I get her home.
Congrats! I knew you couldnt have just one lol :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,485 Posts
Waiting to see the pics.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
316 Posts
Hey Mike, Now you won't have to figure out how to rig a lift for a rear blade on that super "C".
Just you watch, you won't have any snow to push out of your drive this winter since you now have the equipment to do that job.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got her home late lastnight. Took a couple pics this morning





Quick question though I know the serial # suppose to be on the left side of block but can't find it Where else might it be?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
849 Posts
It should be right behind the oil filter at the top of the block. I don't think the serial number is anywhere else on the tractor. Nice tractor though, I see it has an over running clutch on the PTO too so that's about 75.00 value. Congrats!
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
4,284 Posts
Nice looking tractor Mike. Hope it does what you need. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,794 Posts
Very nice! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ernie N Ky said:
It should be right behind the oil filter at the top of the block. I don't think the serial number is anywhere else on the tractor. Nice tractor though, I see it has an over running clutch on the PTO too so that's about 75.00 value. Congrats!
Finally found it .TOO heavy a coat of paint had it almost covered Serial # verified it is a 1950.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
214 Posts
WOW! Not bad at all!! You got a deal my friend!! :eek: Around here $1,800 will buy you a junker sometimes. I was at an auction not long ago and there was an 8N that looked SAD!!! Brought in $1,200... It ran but smoked. Not even a trace of paint or matching tires!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Jason1Pa said:
WOW! Not bad at all!! You got a deal my friend!! :eek: Around here $1,800 will buy you a junker sometimes. I was at an auction not long ago and there was an 8N that looked SAD!!! Brought in $1,200... It ran but smoked. Not even a trace of paint or matching tires!!
Thanks Yea I thought they seem to run about 2200=2700 here and this came with a 6' blade and almost new rear tire chains, so far so good haven't found anything wrong!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,794 Posts
Stephenscity said:
soundguy said:
lookin good.. side dizzy and all
Sorry man but what's a side dizzy?? :? :?
side distributor instead of a pesky front mounted one
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OHHHHH!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Still don't always get the lingo :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,970 Posts
Mike you got a really good tractor there and should do good scraping the snow or what ever you want to do with it. I dont know if you have them or not but you probably will want to get a set of sway bars to use with the blade. They sure do help.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
gordon1121 said:
Mike you got a really good tractor there and should do good scraping the snow or what ever you want to do with it. I dont know if you have them or not but you probably will want to get a set of sway bars to use with the blade. They sure do help.
Yea that is on the wanta list :D :D That list grows so much faster than my bank account :( :( :lol: :lol: :lol:
 
1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Top