Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this tractor from a friend 4 years ago now and had it shipped to me in a crate. He kept the engine, rear wheels and tin as that was all junk and he lives in North Carolina, which is a long haul from Wisconsin. I put it in the corner of my shop pending a full rebuild and restore, but having a baby girl the fall before and having tons of other things to do it got pushed off. Well, a month ago I decided now was the time since the JICCA summer convention is so close to home might as well put it together and bring it! Tractor spent it's life getting pounded to death on a tobacco farm and eventually left to die in the weeds. Every bearing in the tractor was junk but luckily most of the shafts and castings are in good shape. When I pulled the RH drop housing apart, the upper axle roller bearings scattered on the shop floor. The lower axle bearings are pitted, grooved, and broken. Here's the pictures of the beginning of it. Transmission needed a new reverse idler, oil slinger, and second gear. All seals and bearings replaced. Then, both drop housings gutted and waiting on a pair of bearing races my parts guy (have to cut his pay :oops: ) forgot to order! More to come as work progresses.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I'm a total Case noice so what is the difference between a VAC and VAS? BTW tractors in crates are waaaay out of my league! :D

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
CKRichard said:
VA standard tread
VAC roll crop
VAS off set roll crop
VAH high crop
VAO orchard
VAI industrial
Richard
Thank you! Off set! Never seen one

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Looks like you got your hands full but I'm gonna say you can handle it with know trouble. I would love to find a VAS with the cultivators someday. Be sure and keep us posted as you go.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Derick, it was basically CASE's version of a Farmall Super A, but with live hydraulics and 3pt hitch. They made 1500 of them over 2 1/2 years. I love basket CASE's! ;)

·
Registered
294 Posts
You don't often see one come back from that far gone, my hat's off to you!

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
1031d said:
Derick, it was basically CASE's version of a Farmall Super A, but with live hydraulics and 3pt hitch. They made 1500 of them over 2 1/2 years. I love basket CASE's! ;)
1500! I would love to get one :D

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There's a lot of them on the east coast and down south, a few were shipped to Canada. Everyone I've tried to buy was in the Carolina's. Long haul from Wisconsin and with a 5 year old and 8 month old I doubt I'd make that trip even today, that's why I had mine crated and shipped in! :lol: was actually cheaper to ship than drive my 1T Chevy that far!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts