Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm new here and new to antique tractors in general. Don"t hate me but I was just gifted a restored 1953 AC CA. it is perfect. It has tricycle gear and I was wondering if anyone might know where I might get an adjustable wide front end. Actually, this was given to me personally. I work for a non-profit and we are starting a sustainable farm. The AC was gifted to them. also, can someone explain the 3 point hitch?

·
Super Moderator
8,276 Posts
It's beautiful! I suggest you look on Craigslist or Facebook marketplace for a donor or parts tractor with a wide front end, and a 3 point hitch if it is not complete. A neighbor has a CA but no 3 point hitch. I am not sure but your pic makes me think yours does not have a complete 3 point hitch. Welcome to ATF!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank for the advice. I'm in northern New Jersey where donor tractors might not be real common. I think the t
3 point is complete but I'm told not standard so not sure about implements.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your right, i can't stop looking. Shows me what we need to complete the three point hitch. That's exactly the front end we need. Thanks for this link.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Your 3-pt is NOT there!! ---you are missing the whole bottom section. I have one on a WD and one on a WD-45. The factory conversion for the snap coupler is VERY hard to find.
In your case look for a complete worksaver 3-pt. ---I have one of them on another WD-45 They are better than the snap coupler kind.
Actually after looking at my worksaver one---it would be a piece of cake to just make one.
I made one for one of my farmall cub tractors.---not hard to do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts