Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!! I’m new to this site. I’m wondering if anyone may be able to help me out with some advice and knowledge. My old tractor is a McCormick-Deering, but since they sold to IH in the 50’s, I’m hoping someone may have some knowledge they would be willing to share.
So, I have a 1954 McCormick-Deering Super WD9, the old gas starting diesel. Tractor was given to me by my uncle, who has since passed away. Tractor was bought new by my great grandfather. Anyone who has had any time on this tractor has since passed. This old girl didn’t have a loader from factory, but at some point, a Duall loaded was attached and run off the hydraulic system. The hydrauics are the original engine driven pump and small reservoir, which was designed primarily for the use of a tow behind implement. With it having a loader, I’m wondering if it would be able to lift a 1200-1600lb round bale? Would the pump put out enough? The easiest test would to be to lift a round bale, but I don’t have any. Hate to buy some and not be able to move them. I don’t know the flow rate of those pumps either, so I’m hoping someone on here may be able to fill me in a bit.
If it’s not able to lift that with the original pump, could I put one of those pto style pumps on the pto. I have found some that have a flo rate of 19g/min working off the 540pto.
Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.
Jay

·
Super Moderator
1,574 Posts
Why buy bales, anything of the same weight would do.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts