Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many remember my old 4400?


Well believe it or not she is finally getting a chance to run again. Let me just fill you in with pictures and less typing
'
(no the 1050 didnt pull it out of the ground)










So in a nutshell i figured out that it would be a lot cheaper to just find another 235 for her. Found one in austin and i moved the truck to grandpa's shop to get it swapped. going to have to modify how the motor mounts on the front (the new 235 is a few years older) and swap bell housings since they mount different.

Anyone know of a source for rims to fit this truck? Been looking around but i figured i'd ask. i dont have to have them yet but i know i will later on
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stephenscity said:
Good to see you got started on it!!!!!Can't wait to hear her running!!!!!!Gonna be a real nice ride.
sorry for the late reply. It sure will be. Im exited. Got the bell housings swapped the other day. flywheels too just have to put on the clutch and get the engine in there
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
168 Posts
those rims split in the centre of the rim or a ring on the out side ?
on the web site [the stovebolt forum ] go to the big bolt section the should get you in the right place .
please dont use split rims , they can be bad ,lots of people been hurt and killed by them .
dad bought one new in 56 and it had tubless .
tubeless will come apart to .
trailer was in the shop about an hour and let go . set the alarm off on the dock .
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,970 Posts
Glad to see your getting it going again.
to many irons said:
those rims split in the centre of the rim or a ring on the out side ?
on the web site [the stovebolt forum ] go to the big bolt section the should get you in the right place .
please dont use split rims , they can be bad ,lots of people been hurt and killed by them .
dad bought one new in 56 and it had tubless .
tubeless will come apart to .
trailer was in the shop about an hour and let go . set the alarm off on the dock .
Some of the best advise you'll get on the wheels.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,020 Posts
55 thru 59 Chevrolet are my favorite trucks. As is 55, 56 and 57 Chevy cars. That will be a cool tractor hauler for taking your stuff to the shows Ray !!!!
Keep us posted.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
to many irons said:
those rims split in the centre of the rim or a ring on the out side ?
on the web site [the stovebolt forum ] go to the big bolt section the should get you in the right place .
please dont use split rims , they can be bad ,lots of people been hurt and killed by them .
dad bought one new in 56 and it had tubless .
tubeless will come apart to .
trailer was in the shop about an hour and let go . set the alarm off on the dock .
I do not intend to use split rims. never did but they will be staying for a while until i have some regulars found. Found some good info on that site. thanks for the help :D :D :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
gordon1121 said:
Glad to see your getting it going again.
to many irons said:
those rims split in the centre of the rim or a ring on the out side ?
on the web site [the stovebolt forum ] go to the big bolt section the should get you in the right place .
please dont use split rims , they can be bad ,lots of people been hurt and killed by them .
dad bought one new in 56 and it had tubless .
tubeless will come apart to .
trailer was in the shop about an hour and let go . set the alarm off on the dock .
Some of the best advise you'll get on the wheels.
I'm getting there a step at a time
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
missouri massey man said:
55 thru 59 Chevrolet are my favorite trucks. As is 55, 56 and 57 Chevy cars. That will be a cool tractor hauler for taking your stuff to the shows Ray !!!!
Keep us posted.
It certainly will! i just have to figure out how to get them up there :?:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
soundguy said:
any real issues yet?
None too major. Little tricky getting the new engine in there but i'm getting along. Having to take it a step at a time. Trying to get my great great grandpas hay press out of the woods before someone steals it. Sounds unbelievable but the place its at is not exactly secure. Going to try and get over there and finish that project up tomorrow and then that little distraction will be out of the way...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
bikerdave said:
Why another straight six? Why not a V-8. They came that way you know. Glad to see some progress. :D
Easy to find a 235 around here for some reason. Also what this truck came with, not that i would be too hurt putting the V8 they had in 55 in it.

But mostly cost lol.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
soundguy said:
might be easier ont he wallet this way.. :)
yes indeed :?
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top