Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had this delivered today. Runs good. Like new condition. 1964 CASE 212, the last forage harvester they made themselves. Traded an Oliver 5-16 semi-mount plow for it. It came from the original owner's estate and even has the transport carts for the heads. It's safely tucked away in the machine shed.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Dad had one (no corn head) but older than this. Many loads of chopped hay & straw were run through it, even corn stalks to feed cattle till dry enough to make silage. In the earlier years we cut opening rows in corn with a corn knife & would load the stalks on the cultivator poles on the Oliver 60 & then chopped the green stalks for feed till silage time when the neighbor had a corn head on his Case that we borrowed.
in later years, (when he got out of the milking business) Dad planted a round of soybeans (end rows also) about every 60 feet to split the field & the beans would be ready to harvest before the corn was dry enough to pick. At that time was when he finally got a self propelled combine, M-H 60 Special, open station with 8 foot grain header.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Very nice. I like to see the equipment, even more than the tractors. Nice to see equipment that was cared for, all these years. Thank you for saving it and showing us....James

·
Administrator
4,313 Posts
That's a nice origional piece. Don't see many in that old in as good condition. Not a lot of wear and most all of it's factory paint. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
You did good on that one. Thats in amazing shape. Its looks so good you almost would hate to use it. I bet those transport carts are a rare thing to get a hold of also. I love seeing good original equipment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts