Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

When Im not playing with my tractors this is my other toy

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks yall I traded for this one I didnt build it like I do most of my toys....... It is factory a/c that blows cold that was big selling point all original too and thats a plus

·
Registered
359 Posts
Nice truck! The 67 to 72 body style has to be one of the most popular trucks GM ever made. And quality built too, they seemed more "rust resistant " than other series. I've got a couple of 71s. A GMC 1500 and my old "rusty six" C10 pickup that is a farm "gofer". Not quite as well preserved as yours.

·
Registered
906 Posts
I'm not a Chevy fan, but the 67 to 72 Chevy/GMC are the best looking GM ever made. I would be proud to own one like yours. :!:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rusty I like your truck I have had about 10 of these they are some real work horses

·
Registered
5 Posts
Night and Day is the difference between the 72's and 73's. The latter rusted out very quickly and very badly, I had a 73 4x4 that I bought used and it weighed about 300 lbs. less when I sold it that when I bought it. Every morning I could find rust flakes in my drive way that had fallen off during the night. :x :oops: :roll:

·
Registered
359 Posts
gene327 said:
Night and Day is the difference between the 72's and 73's. The latter rusted out very quickly and very badly, I had a 73 4x4 that I bought used and it weighed about 300 lbs. less when I sold it that when I bought it. Every morning I could find rust flakes in my drive way that had fallen off during the night. :x :oops: :roll:
So true. My Uncle had a 74 before he got this old 72. That 74 just turned to rust like so many others of the later series. I wish I had taken a picture of one I saw at a farm auction. Someone had re-covered the sides of the box with old license plates. It was quite artistic but I doubt it lasted too many years.
There was also a local company that came up with fibreglass body panel replacements. "Nova Panels" I think it was called. I can't imagine it was too successful attaching new fibreglass panels onto old rusty iron. :shock:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
71 & 72 had the Egg Crate grills
Inside door panel design was about the only difference between the two

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Love the truck. My first vehicle was a 1972 cheyenne c10 gold with white top still the best looking trucks ever made to me. 72 pickups was the first year they glued the review mirror to the windshield. My grandpa had a 71 pale green white top just like the one rusty6 has a picture of had a 250 six with a three speed on the column.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I love the green and white color combo just got rid of a 68 shortbed I had planned to do that to but decided to do another tractor LOL......... Choices!!!

G

·
0 Posts
Had a 68 years ago. Couldn't kill that thing if I tried. straight 6 with the 2 speed powerglide. Body fell apart but the local junk yard is still using it as a yard truck.
Love that body style.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My problem is I have the same addiction for these trucks as I do for red tractors....... I think 67-68 have the better looking front ends

·
Registered
17 Posts
heres my dads 71 c30 dump 350 4 speed daily driver can't kill it haha.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts