1973 Kenworth LW 923

24K views 45 replies 8 participants last post by  Guest 
G
#1 ·

Like the truck so much I bought it.

See less See more
G
#3 ·
This old truck is still running up and down the road.It helps make my pay cheque every month. I use it for hauling equipment. As hot and dry as it is up here, it will likely spend most of the summer on fire watch. Hauls a D6 cat with ease, as old as it is.

G
#8 ·
Grizz said:
Geeze Colin your making my '88 Pete seem new, That LW was built to last for ever, severe service cab and all. what is in it for power?? The old trucks always run best on a new truck resque mission :twisted:
It runs a Cummins 350 Small Cam
Fuller 13spd trans
44,000 lb rears with 5.29-1 ratio
Had it at the tractor show on the weekend.They thought I should pull with it but I declined.

G
#9 ·
johndeerefan said:
Now you just need to try out for the show "Ice Road Truckers".
"Ice Road Truckers" hmm
The only real ice road trucker I have seen on that show is Alex. The rest are just a bunch of want to be truckers. Been out on the ice north of Inuvik a time or two and it isn't what they portray it to be.Dangerous, yes but it is hyped up for TV. Licence To Drill gives a more honest and accurate picture of how it is moving stuff on the ice. This only my opinion of course. When winter sets in here again and we head out into the frozen swamp, I will try and get some pictures of what we do in northern Alberta. I would venture to guess that you will think we all belong in a mental hospital.

#16 ·
Masseymechanic, what do you call the trailer set-up behind your great looking KW? Here in Oz, we call these "B-doubles". Also often set up as "B-triples" hauling bulk goods, general freight or cattle and used on our road train routes. At a previous work site, we run a fleet of KWs powered by Cat C15s hauling "B-quads" or four belly dump trailers. Often, with the use of a dolly, these are connected behind a conventional semi trailer and called "A-B doubles". If anyone wants some photos, I will post them when I get a chance to do so.

G
#18 ·
Have done a little bit of work to the old truck.Added on aluminum checkerplate fenders. Makes the truck look completely different.There are more changes to come though.Once I get them all done I will post a picture of it.

G
#19 ·
Took the old truck on the longest of journeys so far.Went from Whitecourt AB to Wrigley NT, which is the end of the road up there. Made the whole almost 2000 mile journey without so much as the littlest of problems.

G
#22 ·
missouri massey man said:
masseymechanic said:
Passed CVIP for another year.Woohoo. Back to trucking up a storm now :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
There you go traveling over the countryside spotting more Masseys. You devil, you !!! I mean that in a GOOD way, I'm just envious..... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Was on a KW parts hunting mission the other day and ran into a guy I hadn't seen for a couple years. Will be picking up another MH 44 thanks to him, come spring.

G
#25 ·
Was cleaning up my photobucket account and discovered that i removed the pictures of "old Smokey", so I decided to put another one up here.

Yes the old truck is still on the road and working fine. It turned 40 on May 29th.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.