Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found an add on a local buy and sell site. Asking $500.00. When I went to talk to the owner, turns out it is a guy I worked for years ago. The guy that posted the ad for him was supposed to ask $1500.00 for it. I was still able to get it for $500.00
Will be getting pictures when I go to pick it up if it ever stops raining around here.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Back in the day we ran single axle trucks. I was always a GM guy though. Started with 48-52 Chevys, then went to mid 60s. The last one was an early 80s. We went to GMC tandem bobtails earlier than most around here in the early 70s to haul grain and fert/seed at planting time, first grain doubles in 1975, most were cabover trucks at that time. Most ran single axle freightliners but I ran GMC Astros. I liked the Detroits. Later it changed again to conventionals and 40'/20' trains....James

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Nice grab! Looks in great shape

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The trucks are mine, the trailer is rented. Got $100,000 kicking around so as I can buy one of those trailers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For what I normally do I need exactly what I am using. The hydraulic trailers are nice though.Would like to be able to afford one some time in the future.

·
Registered
926 Posts
That truck brings back a lot of memories; lots of them here had a 4speed hooked to a 300 six banger. That was a great combo for the rough roads found here. Glad You are able to latch onto the truck. Wile You were working for Him don't suppose You drove the truck :?: :?: :lol:

·
Registered
926 Posts
soundguy said:
was that a slant 6?
Others may have tried the slant 6; but the only slant 6 i was ever around or ever heard of was the Mopar 225 L 6 used extensively in half and 3/4 ton Dodges.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This one has a V8 in it. The guy I bought it from told the size but I can't remember. Funny thing about this truck is I drove it years ago when it had a steamer unit on it. The guy that owned it only let certain people drive it then because it was his baby.

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Probably an FE of some sort...330, 361, 391 maybe. I would like to have a truck like this to haul my wares to the Farmer's Market.

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
If I remember correctly the 352 360 390 428 series ended in '74 - Could be wrong. easiest way to tell is look and see if the pushrods go through the intake. look at the end near the edge of the valve cover for a seam. some of the later ones had the 351C 351M or 429 engines. all had conventional intake setups.

Now that I think about it may have been '77

1 - 19 of 19 Posts