Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Think this is a 54. Friend of mine has this behind his shop.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stephenscity said:
Do you know if he is planning to restore? I've only seen one of those before. Probably worth a lot more than he realizes.
Just sitting there. If someone makes a reasonable offer he'd sell it. I'm not sure what that amount is though?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Quite a rare find! I've never seen one before.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bikerdave said:
That is either a 54 or a 55 first series. Chevy had a mid year restyle in fifty five.
Thanks Dave, I only went by what I found searching the net. Mostly by I.D. ing the front end.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
prwttsh said:
Early "crew cab"? :D . :shock:
Todays "crew cabs" have alot to learn from this one. I'd say there's almost twice the room in this one. Its huge. Also drivers side back seat has a widow crank for rolling that window down. Its a really cool truck. Wish I had the money and a place to work on it. It would be a head turner for sure. Would make a neat tractor haulin truck.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Wow, that is a rare Chevy. I have never seen an extended cab truck of that age. And the one piece windshield indicates it is at least a 1954 as that body style had a split windshield up til then. Also this is a "big truck" not a pickup. Notice the heavy duty wheels.

Notice the same type wheels on my Uncle's grain truck. Same body style 47 to 54 but different grille and split windshield.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice truck Rusty. Guy looks more like he's ready for a motorcycle ride than field work???
Never knew that about the split windshield. Thanks for the info..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts