Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone recall the 3 door '57 Ford wagon ?? My neighbor lady's father in law had a laundry business and delivered out of this old 3 door wagon. Its sitting back in the woods, where its lived since '65 or '70, shot full of bullet holes and pretty ate up. Make a long story short she told me I could have it so...I think I'm seeing a Rat Rod in the 5 year forecast. Next time up there I'll shoot a picture or two. (it's not nearly as nice as Ron's 3 door Chevy post). Maybe edit the 5 year forecast to 10 year forecast....

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bettyp said:
Are you planning on trying to restoring it or rather not get into it? The expence would be real i bet.
If I did, I would probably turn it into a 'Rat-Rod'. Instead of the tremendous cost of a restoration on something real bad, guys just upgrade the suspension to make them sit a couple inches off the ground and put in a real good monstor motor. Leave all the rust, bullet holes and exaggerate all the components you can. If you want to see an example, Betty, just google 'rat rod' and look at the sillyness. It's really becoming popular all around, especially old trucks. Fun stuff !!!

G

·
0 Posts
Think of how much money it would save in "bullet hole" stickers :shock: :shock: :roll: You'd have the coolest ride around. Free air conditioning to boot. Can't wait to see the pics. My PaPaw had an old truck in the gully at his place years back. We used to shoot it up as well. Always a fun time.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
missouri massey man said:
bettyp said:
Are you planning on trying to restoring it or rather not get into it? The expence would be real i bet.
If I did, I would probably turn it into a 'Rat-Rod'. Instead of the tremendous cost of a restoration on something real bad, guys just upgrade the suspension to make them sit a couple inches off the ground and put in a real good monstor motor. Leave all the rust, bullet holes and exaggerate all the components you can. If you want to see an example, Betty, just google 'rat rod' and look at the sillyness. It's really becoming popular all around, especially old trucks. Fun stuff !!!
So you are not in to that fun stuff. :lol:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
312 Posts
Is this what used to be called a sedan delivery? S-d's had only door side windows; were sheet metalled over like cargo vans are now.
They usually just had a one piece rear door.
Just 2 front doors and then what we would now call a tailgate or rear hatch?

Or does it have 3 passenger compartment doors? I have never seen one of those.

I do know Ford used to build the s-d's in the fifties.

I personally always likked the 57 Fords! When we were young / dumb and ran our shop; we had a 57 Wagon with a Nasty attitude 390, heavy (3/4 ton) 3 speed etc. was a good parts hauler and also very fast.
Not to offend our bowtie friends; but, we used to go looking to play with the SS-396's because they were so much fun to beat at the traffic light duel.

Way to old for that stuff now.

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ralbuck said:
Is this what used to be called a sedan delivery? S-d's had only door side windows; were sheet metalled over like cargo vans are now.
They usually just had a one piece rear door.
Just 2 front doors and then what we would now call a tailgate or rear hatch?

Or does it have 3 passenger compartment doors? I have never seen one of those.

I do know Ford used to build the s-d's in the fifties.

I personally always likked the 57 Fords! When we were young / dumb and ran our shop; we had a 57 Wagon with a Nasty attitude 390, heavy (3/4 ton) 3 speed etc. was a good parts hauler and also very fast.
Not to offend our bowtie friends; but, we used to go looking to play with the SS-396's because they were so much fun to beat at the traffic light duel.

Way to old for that stuff now.
It actually looks just like a '57 Ford station wagon, but only with driver and passenger doors then the one piece rear door. I'll put up a pic soon, but it is pretty rough, even by my standards. So I guess it is a 'Special Delivery' ?? We called 'em laundry trucks because it seemed all the laundry services used to have one. :oops: :oops:

G

·
0 Posts
Wow, learned something new. Never seen a 3 door like that. Can't wait to see the pics now.

·
Administrator
4,088 Posts
I know what you're talkin' about now.
I remember the old Laundry trucks.
The back door swung just like the front doors did.
Some got used for a hurst at funeral homes too.

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
BigDaveinKY said:
I know what you're talkin' about now.
I remember the old Laundry trucks.
The back door swung just like the front doors did.
Some got used for a hurst at funeral homes too.
Can't swear to the way the rear door works Dave, I just didn't look that close. I guarantee I will next time over there. What makes them kinda rare is it is essentially a two door wagon with a 3rd rear door. If I remembering properly most wagons were 4 door, plus the rear fold down. I'm sure the tri-5 chevys had a version and if so were much more popular. You know, the 'fuzzy' memory thing ??!! :? :?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a couple 1/18 scale die cast versions of the '57 ford 3 door- the label says courier sedan delivery. Has 2 doors and the rear door, also has no windows in sides of the back.

Thatd be an awsome car to rebuild , be alot of work tho.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts