Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to adapt a 3 point hitch onto a 1950 Farmall C? I now have a sickle bar mower on the tractor but my field is rough and I'm not sure it's going to be possible to use as the field is now.

·
Super Moderator
8,630 Posts
Reactions: Mcrafty1

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Is it possible to adapt a 3 point hitch onto a 1950 Farmall C? I now have a sickle bar mower on the tractor but my field is rough and I'm not sure it's going to be possible to use as the field is now.
YES! There are many adaptations agree with Jim about Steiner great but check the web for possible used. Not a complicated set up. Don't recommend for plowing though since no Draft capability.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
YES! There are many adaptations agree with Jim about Steiner great but check the web for possible used. Not a complicated set up. Don't recommend for plowing though since no Draft capability.
Thanks I will. As of now I'm going to wait to try the sickle bar before I go in another direction, the guy that's been doing my field with a rotary mower said he believes the sickle bar will work, if so I won't be needing a 3 point hitch, the field mowing is all I intend to do with the tractor at this point. Also I have the option of using a rotary with the two wheel setup on the rear that doesn't need to be raised if it comes to getting a rotary mower. As it turns out I have a neighbor that has a C with one of those types of rotary mowers and it works fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts