Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks. Missing all the "real" mounting hardware for my new-to-me 47 loader mounted (sloppily) on a 2020. Bolts etc I can make up, find, etc. but I'm also missing the two blind nut thingys that are number 11 on this diagram from ( https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/66688/referrer/navigation/pgId/180806 )

I found also on that parts list that the bolts are look like Grade 8, 3/4 x 2 1/2 and 4 1/2 or thereabouts (one each size per side) but I couldn't find any information on that tapped flat bar C17040 that slides up into the mounting from the bottom. I'm guessing it's 3/8" or 1/2" by 2" mild steel 6-8" long, tapped top and bottom holes.

Anybody ever had their mounting brackets taken that far apart and know more precisely what I'm needing to do here? I appreciate it!

Bill

·
Administrator
4,107 Posts
Found these in an ad on auctiontiime.com Thought it would give you an idea of what you're looking for.
At least maybe gauge the size you need from how it fills the slot. Hope it helps.

Reactions: Packrat

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, BigDave. Looks like those tapped straps are 3/8" thick and only about twice the bolt size. Looks kinda like 3/8x1 1/2 flat bar. I've got a neighbor who can cut the threads into 'em with much more precision that I ever could, just need to figure out what stock to take him. Guess I could just go with the thickest and widest piece that'll fit up in there LOL....then I won't even have a chance to second-guess myself.

One plus of seeing the pics is, they appear to be long enough to stick out a bit from the bottom. Makes sense, so that you can hold onto 'em when starting the bolts.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I went and got a stick of 3/8 x 2 flat bar and cut a couple 8" pieces off of it. Drilled and tapped two 3/4-10 holes a quarter inch off the centerline, starting 3/4" from the top to the center of the top hole. The two holes are 5" on center. That left about 1 1/2" on the bottom, which stuck out the bottom of the mount an inch or so and gave me a place to put a 'handle' on it with a pair of vise grips. After that it was simply relieve the pressure on the 5/8" bolts (wrong size) and line the holes up and cinch it down good with 3/4x4 bolts. Went out and shoved some stuff around and shazam, worked like a dream. Too dark for pics now but if anybody wants, I'll get some tomorrow.

·
Administrator
4,107 Posts
Glad to hear you got it fixed right.

Reactions: Packrat
1 - 5 of 5 Posts