Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I noticed that I have an antifreeze leak that appears to be coming from between the exhaust manifold and the head. I cleaned it up and it starts to seep again in a matter of minutes. What the heck?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Have you recently installed the manifold?
If I aint mistaken some of the manifold bolt holes go through into the water jackets. It is recommended that when you replace the bolts to use some sealant on the threads, maybe you could take those bolts out and rtv the threads then put them back in one at a time?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have not had the exhaust manifold off. I do suspect that I have a bad/leaky gasket. I am afraid to take off the exhaust manifold as the bolts are very rusty and I am afraid that I may break them off. The manifold needs to come off and be replaced anyway so it looks like I will be working on that soon.

The more I look at it, I think that "lovesthedrive" may have hit it correct. It very well could be coming from just aft of the manifold where the fitting mounts to the top of the cyclinder and just leaking towards and around the manifold. I need to look around the garage and see if I have the gaskets, remove and replace them both.

Thanks for the input guys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts