Antique Tractors Forum banner
21 - 40 of 65 Posts

· Registered
98 Posts
BerlinBinder said:
Nice piece and great price I got one of those in the barn that Im looking for the bigger combine motor for
I have seen cylinder and piston sets to build it into a "Super C" also I have heard of 3 1/4 inch bore kits for these also (if your block is in good condition) unless you just want to do a motor swap...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
BerlinBinder said:
Nice piece and great price I got one of those in the barn that Im looking for the bigger combine motor for
As soon as the chassis gets painted I'll replace a few wires and put it up for sale. Found a Cub with plow and cultivators. Can use it for the new garden.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
petra79 said:
BerlinBinder said:
As soon as the chassis gets painted I'll replace a few wires and put it up for sale. Found a Cub with plow and cultivators. Can use it for the new garden.
Well that idea might change??? Not sure. We pushed a tree over with a dozer on sunday. Was about 12" dia. and around 20'-25' tall. Wrapped a chain around by the roots and that 'C' just pulled it like it was nothing. To say the least, I was quite impressed. Wouldn't have thought that small (hp) of a tractor would have done it so easily.

· Registered
530 Posts
petra79 said:
petra79 said:
BerlinBinder said:
Well that idea might change??? Not sure. We pushed a tree over with a dozer on sunday. Was about 12" dia. and around 20'-25' tall. Wrapped a chain around by the roots and that 'C' just pulled it like it was nothing. To say the least, I was quite impressed. Wouldn't have thought that small (hp) of a tractor would have done it so easily.
If it does that good with the trees, what about at the tractor pull???
You could alway use a cub for the garden. i'm picking up another "ran when parked" Fcub tomorrow (against my wifes wishes)
Good luck with the new property

Kirk

· Registered
82 Posts
Those Super C are stout but Itried to speed pull one weighing 3500 and it didnt fair so good but for around the farm the one I had was great
I like the new property you got looks like alot of work going on

G

·
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Well the trailers are just about unloaded. Won't be long and we'll get to start playin outside more. Lookin forward to that.

· Registered
530 Posts
While on the subject of 12V genny I just picked up a ran when parked 1959 cub yesterday. It has a 12volt battery in it-neg ground. When I popped off the hood the genny doesn't have the standard delco tag on it, no rivit holes either. The PO said he had something rebuilt about ten years ago but he couldn't remember what it was. Since the change to 12 volt was made in '65 I was thinking it was a Positive ground six volt system. The 12v battery in it was hooked up and the date on the battery was june '06. I hooked up a fesh 12 volt battery neg ground, polished the points,drained and put fresh gas, new screen in the sediment bowl, drained the carb, clean the meter vent hole. It started right up. I didn't run it long because the fan hub bearing was making some noise. It could be that this system may have be change over right, whcih is not usually the normal case. Will investigate further.

Kirk

G

·
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Kirk-NJ said:
While on the subject of 12V genny I just picked up a ran when parked 1959 cub yesterday. It has a 12volt battery in it-neg ground. When I popped off the hood the genny doesn't have the standard delco tag on it, no rivit holes either. The PO said he had something rebuilt about ten years ago but he couldn't remember what it was. Since the change to 12 volt was made in '65 I was thinking it was a Positive ground six volt system. The 12v battery in it was hooked up and the date on the battery was june '06. I hooked up a fesh 12 volt battery neg ground, polished the points,drained and put fresh gas, new screen in the sediment bowl, drained the carb, clean the meter vent hole. It started right up. I didn't run it long because the fan hub bearing was making some noise. It could be that this system may have be change over right, whcih is not usually the normal case. Will investigate further.

Kirk
Sounds like ya got another good deal Kirk. Nice when you don't have to do alot to get em going. First tractor we ever bought was the 40 Allis B. Another ran when parked. PO couldn't get it to fire. We polished the points and fired it up on the 5 year old gas. Ran great.

· Registered
3,020 Posts
petra79 said:
Kirk-NJ said:

Kirk
Sounds like ya got another good deal Kirk. Nice when you don't have to do alot to get em going. First tractor we ever bought was the 40 Allis B. Another ran when parked. PO couldn't get it to fire. We polished the points and fired it up on the 5 year old gas. Ran great.
Man o man... some guys have all the LUCK !! :mrgreen: I haven't had that luck in years :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Well I got everything cleaned and prepped. Got primer on the chassis and most of the extra parts. Will have to flip the lift rods, seat and wheel weights in the morning and prime the back sides. If I get it done early enough I hope to have paint on it by days end.
I already have most all the sheet metal done. Did it last fall.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Just about done painting. Still have a few smaller items to paint then the re-assemble. Might be done by tuesday/wednesday.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
gordon1121 said:
Looks good can't wait to see it back togather. Got to agree with the above when you get it done you may want to keep it.
Thought about that long enough. I put it in front of other needed jobs so we can take it to the show next weekend to try and sell. Might be able to get me an 'A' with plow and cults for the garden work. That will much better fit my needs.
Don't get me wrong. Its a great tractor and we've gotten some good use out of it but with out cults or a 3 point it really can't do many jobs for me. I don't want tractors that will sit more than work.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.