Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have several problems I need help with. I filled the fan assembly one half full of oil and it ran out at the back. What would cause this? Next, what size and thread count are the bolts that hold the fan blade on. What kind of grease seal goes on the spindle? Mine is in pieces and I can not tell what it is. It also will not come off the spindle. I have destroyed things removing parts that are not suppose to come off, so I need some advice about what to do next.
Robert

·
Super Moderator
1,642 Posts
The fan oil resevoir usually is under half full, if it is half full it will run out the back of the seal.Between 1/4 & 1/3rd is all you need,otherwise it just leeks out. The 4 bolts that hold the fan on are 5/16" Whitworth cap screws.
The grease seal should have a part number somewhere, other wise get a seal that fits the hub and the shaft. Diligent measuring is required.
I wonder what parts you have destroyed? Might be easier & cheaper to go to the wreckers and get a secondhand fan assembly.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much. I am probably ok with the fan, I did not attack it because of the fear of destroying it. I would have never thought of the bolt being Whitworth. I have worked all my life on old MG's and Healeys, so I might have one in the shop.

Thanks again,Robert

1 - 3 of 3 Posts