Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, recently bought a (what I believe is) a 1953 Super M. On tag Model is SM
Serial is L- 54586 J

Any reference material, Websites, where I could find any NOS parts or just some good old fashioned advice would be greeatly appreciated.
I am a professional Technician / Welder / Fabricator by trade. Somewhere around 40 years experience in the field.

Running tractor built with 3 point hitch with two lift cylinders.
My hope is to Restore the old girl.
I knew the previous owner, he had her for around 25 years or so. Primary duty was pulling around an old Woods (I believe) finish mower once a month in the summer and pulling the occasional tree out of the woods for firewood in the winter.

I am a newbie here, just joined the forum today.
So hello and thank you in advance.

·
Super Moderator
1,548 Posts
Hello, welcome to ATF. Post any queries you have,we will be pleased to help out.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Congratulations on getting the Super M. Hope you will post some pictures of it
and give us updates as you progress with fixing it up.
For about any electrical parts, Ignition parts, lights, or for a new original made wiring harness,
the Brillman company stocks them. They have a catalog the size of the old sears catalogs,
and a website you can find here: https://brillman.com
Also, Steiner Tractor is a good place to find parts for it. https://www.steinertractor.com/
I have also found Ebay to be a good source.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum.
Congratulations on getting the Super M. Hope you will post some pictures of it
and give us updates as you progress with fixing it up.
For about any electrical parts, Ignition parts, lights, or for a new original made wiring harness,
the Brillman company stocks them. They have a catalog the size of the old sears catalogs,
and a website you can find here: https://brillman.com
Also, Steiner Tractor is a good place to find parts for it. Steiner Tractor Parts | New Restoration Parts For Antique Tractors | Buy Vintage Tractor Parts > Home
I have also found Ebay to be a good source.
Thank you very much, original lights and switch box are there but the wiring is done for. And yes I will post some pictures. Tomorrow more than likely, Will be working on her any way.
Again, thank you for the links.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wanted to add some pics, sorry I took so long. She needs a little work, tuned up and went through the Carb. Runs great, starts right up need to pull and reseal the hydraulic pump.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Looks like you have a pretty solid old Super M there.
The sheet metal looks really good and straight on it.
Thanks for the pictures.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you. She is pretty straight, hood needs to be tweaked a little and the tank is rust free.
we were out working today, mowed two lots with my JD 25A flail mower.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts