Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rock pickin that is. Took the 1955 950 RC with the scarifiers on to pop some rocks in the garden yesterday. As you can see I'm still pulling some nice size rocks out.
Kirk

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
good timing! I just posted a topic of my 1955 950 as well.. she's mowing. :)

they are sure some tough old girls...

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Kirk thats a awsum looking outfit. I like the ripper and bet those extra thick pie weights help a lot with the job. I'll be willing to bet it will still be going strong in another 58 years. Doubt we will but no doubt about the tractor.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I couldn't very well let the old timer do all the work without getting the youngster involved. Here's a shot of the '63 4000 light Ind doing the disc work. I'll finish with a '75 IH cub pulling a homemade spike tooth horrow to smooth things out before planting.
Kirk

·
Administrator
4,281 Posts
The 950/951 RC has got to be my favorite tractor, since I was a kid.
The only oportunity I had to purchase one I had to pass, because of financial doubts at the time.
The right one will come along one day. ;)

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
if you like the 95*.. you will love the 96*

same machine.. live pto.

and if you are getting one. get the 961 has the 2 piece pedistal. much better

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
i like em. i like the narrow specifically for mowing though.

and i liek the wide for loading on a trailer.. ;)

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I like the NF's. You can turn them on a dime. Just wouldn't mind adding a WF to the fleet.

Kirk

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
sme here. i'm on the lookout for another narrow front , single or dual piece.. or a wide front to swap onto my 950 as it's nf is sloppy

·
Administrator
4,281 Posts
soundguy said:
if you like the 95*.. you will love the 96*

same machine.. live pto.

and if you are getting one. get the 961 has the 2 piece pedistal. much better
Thanks, just keepin' my eye out for a local one. Lots in this area. Just a matter of time. ;)

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Narrow front Fords of any size are not in great supply around here. N series and *000 series are a dime a dozen though. I think I know of only two narrow. I missed this post when you put it up somehow Kirk, but I like your rigs just the same...here's wishin' I had yours and you had better ones... :) :) :)

·
Administrator
4,281 Posts
From Caseman's show a couple of years ago.

That's about the correct ratio of wide to narrow row crop 900/01 series around here. Four or five to one. Only those models.
The smaller 00/01 series you don't see narrow, and when the thousand series came out, the narrow fronts were popular ,on
the 4000, but still the minority.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts