Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally started my engine rebuild. I stopped by my builders place yesterday for an update. He informed me I needed a complete and I mean complete rebuild. First thought was I could just go with glazing the bore and some new rings and bearings till he got out the measuring instruments and checked a few things. Bore was shot along with the head which was a basket case too. So we spent some time and a lot of money(didn't know this stuff cost so much!) ordering stuff . Didn't find any surprises in the block or head so that's good. When he gets through I should have a motor that I hope will last 60 more years. I am sponsoring along with my club a short tractor drive on March 16. We will start a a local farmers barn and drive about 7 miles to a restaurant for lunch then return to the barn. That should break it in. When I figure out how to post pictures I will try to show her off. By the way what are some good break in tips for a new engine?

JHolland

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Hope all goes well on the rebuild, you aint gonna have much time to play with in order to get it done. Hope you get to put some pictures up cause I'd love to see them. Everybody has there on way of breaking one in and probably all of them work. I wouldn't be to hard on it the first couple of hours then I'd run it the way I was going to work it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts