Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Sure is bad getting so old and forgetful...I'd almost forgotton this '47 "Avery A" waaaaay back in the lean-to in a dark corner. First daylight this fellow has seen in years.

Investigating some damage caused by ***** turning over boxes and buckets caused me to make it all the way back to where this thing has been sitting. So, I figured it's about time to pull it out for some fresh air !!!

The little Hercules is a little weak and it burns a bit of oil, but it does have hydraulics and they work just fine. It's been converted to 12v and there is some sheet metal parts missing around the electrics, but I don't know what just yet. Reminds me... there is a fellow 15 miles north that offered me a good running Avery A with no front pedestal for $400.00. I should go get that one,shouldn't I ??

A little TLC and it'll be ready for the wrecking crew again.

·
Administrator
4,347 Posts
Shame on you, that's too nice of a tractor to just let come out and play once ina ****'s age. ;)

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
missouri massey man said:
BigDaveinKY said:
Shame on you, that's too nice of a tractor to just let come out and play once ina ****'s age. ;)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I certainly deserve to be scolded BigDave...... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Oh Wendell Big Dave scolding you a little . How could you forget about that good looking tractor. Maybe you need to give it some loving care. :roll: :roll:

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Thats a awful sweet looking little A. Think I'd have a lot of trouble forgetting that one but then again you did say almost. Wonder how rare that single front is, you don't see many like that around here.

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bettyp said:
missouri massey man said:
BigDaveinKY said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I certainly deserve to be scolded BigDave...... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Oh Wendell Big Dave scolding you a little . How could you forget about that good looking tractor. Maybe you need to give it some loving care. :roll: :roll:
Yes, ma'am it will get some tlc sooner or later...It looks a bit better in the picture than in person though. The dust is masking its actual condition :lol: :lol:
gordon1121 said:
Thats a awful sweet looking little A. Think I'd have a lot of trouble forgetting that one but then again you did say almost. Wonder how rare that single front is, you don't see many like that around here.
I don't know if these are common or rare. I've not seen any other one around here except the one with no front pedestal. I stumbled onto this one by accident when looking at an Allis one day about 16 years ago. By the way Gordon, digging my way back into the lean-to I barked my shin on an old JohnDeere LA....now WHERE did that come from ???!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Wendell ,now how could you forget about that little Deere.
They talk to you all the time you are running it. That is how I kept up with Henry on the farm,
go out and listen for that John Deere Talking to me. Love to hear one run.

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bettyp said:
Wendell ,now how could you forget about that little Deere.
They talk to you all the time you are running it. That is how I kept up with Henry on the farm,
go out and listen for that John Deere Talking to me. Love to hear one run.
It's just soooo little, and was hiding so far below the others and it was easy to just look right over the top of it MissBetty. :shock: :shock: :? :? I wonder what else MrsMassey snuck in and hid in the corners and didn't tell me about.... ;) ;) ;)

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Wendell, it wouldn't be smart foryou to let Mrs Massey see some of your post.
Oh ... Mrs Massey would just laugh with you. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
By the way Gordon, digging my way back into the lean-to I barked my shin on an old JohnDeere LA....now WHERE did that come from ???!!!

Must be a little ESP going on cause when I was writting my reply I was wondering just how many tractors you had we aint never heard of. :D

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
gordon1121 said:
By the way Gordon, digging my way back into the lean-to I barked my shin on an old JohnDeere LA....now WHERE did that come from ???!!!

Must be a little ESP going on cause when I was writting my reply I was wondering just how many tractors you had we aint never heard of. :D
Well now Gordon....just maybe you'll have to make a trip to BassPro and stop by for a walkabout someday.... :D :D :D :D .....But I have just about shown all the cards, well there MAY be an old Orchard tractor laying around and maybe an old crawler and.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
And.................... you not telling what all you got hidden around your place. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
bettyp said:
And.................... you not telling what all you got hidden around your place. :lol: :lol: :lol:
:D :D :D :D :D :D
EricR said:
Missouri Massey Man has hamsters, not tractors. They just keep multiplying!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That's funny Eric....They may be multiplying, but they are subtracting greenbacks from my billfold !!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts