Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Walking outside early this morning and spotting a couple of 70 plus year old Farmalls under a shed made me wonder how long our old tractors and equipment would be productive if parts and people would be around to keep them going and use them. As I age and slow a bit they still serve a purpose. They are usually ready for work when I am. I figure my thought will depend if there are younger folks after me or us that find the old equipment interesting. With much of our history being eliminated or re-written it seemed a depressing way to begin a day, until one of the tractors awoke and told me Good Morning!

Hope all you father's had a great day!

Reactions: iko

·
Premium Member
2,172 Posts
Walking outside early this morning and spotting a couple of 70 plus year old Farmalls under a shed made me wonder how long our old tractors and equipment would be productive if parts and people would be around to keep them going and use them. As I age and slow a bit they still serve a purpose. They are usually ready for work when I am. I figure my thought will depend if there are younger folks after me or us that find the old equipment interesting. With much of our history being eliminated or re-written it seemed a depressing way to begin a day, until one of the tractors awoke and told me Good Morning!

Hope all you father's had a great day!
I couldn't agree with you more Jim! Fathers day here was pretty quiet. One in Virginia, one in South Carolina , another in Kentrucky, and the other traveling in Alabama. I got greetings from each one of them and it made me smile realizing how successful they all have become.

Reactions: iko

·
Registered
314 Posts
howdy Jim, my Dad gave me grandads farmall H but that was the last tractor I preserved and was to old and tired to do much with it so I gave it to my grandson hoping it will spur an interest in it and maybe there will be new folks carry on our history. mike1111

1 - 3 of 3 Posts