Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this beast at a local dealer this morning. It has both Long and Nuffield names on it. It looks to be a heavy, powerful machine.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
That looks really cool with the front headlights mounted like that! sturdy looking beast

·
Registered
46 Posts
Looks like a great machine. There is one up the highway about an hour from here that is very similar. I initially thought it was one of those Ford 6000 series tractors, but after slowing down to have a good look, It was a Nuffield for sure! Would be a neat addition to anyone's collection.
I found this. Looks like the same thing!
Long_BMC_Nuffield_4-65_ad.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts
yep Jim same thing as the nuffy's rumor has it that Nuffield had a hard time importing tractors so they run them under the long name for awile. all the Nuffield/longs was 1st year nuffy's, there easy to spot cuzz they have a white steering wheel unless they've ben changed

funny now ive got 3 of these 4/65's and 2 of the 3/45's. the 3/45's look the same just a lil shorter in length because the engine is only 3 cyl. ive always wanted to get one with the long name but every time I find one there 500+ miles away. there was one along the AA hwy in ky for years don't know what ever happened to that one tho

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts
oh wow that long has the wrong front end under it. see where the tierods bolt on? that curved piece between the tierod and spindle is the same as the 3/45s. look on mine at the front tire about 1 oclock youll see a square block welded to top of axle. I bet that long don't have those either. 3/45s don't have them either.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Stout looking utility style tractors. We don't see many newer larger utility tractors here, all row crops. We also don't see many older import tractors either, especially European models. No dealers at all. Never seen a Nuffield tractor around here, or the blue long tractors either. Very, very few Cockshutts, Minneapolis Moline or Co-op tractors....James

1 - 7 of 7 Posts