Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
-Willy-
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem with my power-trol leaking hydraulic oil around the dummy plugs. It doesnt matter if I use the dummies or the other plugs. Some where I saw a picture showing that there were rubber seals inside the housing. I cant seem to find the picture to illustrate the seals.

At any rate, does anyone know if I can replace those seals through the holes that the plugs are in? Or do I need to tear down the Power-trol to get at them?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hi,

I have replace those seals through the holes, It's a tricky operation ! ;)

·
Registered
113 Posts
yep through the holes! i have never had to do it my A yet, but from what i have read about it this is the way to do it, and as stated i bet it is a tricky operation!

·
-Willy-
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I finally got around to working on them. There was only one seal per hole. Getting them out was harder than putting them in. Putting them in, I go the end of my index finger wet with oil, got the seal wet as well with oil, and gently pushed it in. Then just tickled them the rest of the way with my pinky fingers. Maybe ten seconds per seal.

Now no more dripping of oil. Oh great happiness!

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
i got an oring pick set that has about 6 pieces.. hooks nad pokers.. all designed to remove orings from tight spaces.. just wondering if one of them had been used.. that's all..e tc..

·
Administrator
4,347 Posts
Leaks can be aggravating.......and these days expensive. Good to get it fixed.
Dental spoons and picks make good tools for removing and installing o-rings in
tight spaces, and retrieving gum wrappers from key switch slots. ;)

·
Super Moderator
1,706 Posts
BigDaveinKY said:
Leaks can be aggravating.......and these days expensive. Good to get it fixed.
Dental spoons and picks make good tools for removing and installing o-rings in
tight spaces, and retrieving gum wrappers from key switch slots. ;)
Is there a story behind the gum wrapper? :eek:

·
Administrator
4,347 Posts
Several, :roll:
To not hy-jack the thread too much, I'll just say I could write a training manual titled:
"An elevator serviceman's guide of things to expect on college campus and hospital callbacks." ;)

·
Super Moderator
856 Posts
BigDaveinKY said:
Several, :roll:
To not hy-jack the thread too much, I'll just say I could write a training manual titled:
"An elevator serviceman's guide of things to expect on college campus and hospital callbacks." ;)
Unversity of Dayton come to mind?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts