Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I worked on the Super A I recently acquired to repair some minor issues and spiff it up a bit. Fixed the touch control, gave it a good cleaning and a pressure wash, cleaned the carb, and oil change and grease job and it was ready to go for another season. At least I thought so. The battery began losing its charge. I'd re-charge and run it some more. The battery and alternator both checked good even thought I had discovered that no charging was goin on. So, maybe a broken wire? No broken wires! :? The hot wire to the alternator had no juice on it. It turns out that the old original wire, a copper wire, being used for that was so hard and brittle that it was not conducting a current. I found it by using jumper wires to bypass it. Installed new wiring and it is charging like it is supposed to. It is proved again that a blind hog finds an acorn once in a while :!: :roll:

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Jim in NC said:
I worked on the Super A I recently acquired to repair some minor issues and spiff it up a bit. Fixed the touch control, gave it a good cleaning and a pressure wash, cleaned the carb, and oil change and grease job and it was ready to go for another season. At least I thought so. The battery began losing its charge. I'd re-charge and run it some more. The battery and alternator both checked good even thought I had discovered that no charging was goin on. So, maybe a broken wire? No broken wires! :? The hot wire to the alternator had no juice on it. It turns out that the old original wire, a copper wire, being used for that was so hard and brittle that it was not conducting a current. I found it by using jumper wires to bypass it. Installed new wiring and it is charging like it is supposed to. It is proved again that a blind hog finds an acorn once in a while :!: :roll:
Sounds more like just good sence to me!! ;)

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Super Moderator
7,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
missouri massey man said:
Isn't it crazy how silly small some the the problems are Jim...once you FIND it anyway...
You are right Massey, and the hair is usually the first to go as a result.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Jim in NC said:
[quote="missouri massey man":38pk891m]Isn't it crazy how silly small some the the problems are Jim...once you FIND it anyway...
You are right Massey, and the hair is usually the first to go as a result.[/quote:38pk891m]
Ohhh Yeahhhhhhhhhh, mine's on the way out too... :oops: :oops:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts