Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the last while I have added more Masseys to the collection.First is a 55 Western and yesterday I picked up a rear housing with all the components in it for a 55 plus a 55 Diesel that needs engine and tires but otherwise is pretty well all there. By the end of the month I am hoping to have added an 81 Std. that I am looking at as well.

This is the Western as it was found

This little jewel is already in the family collection and I am buying it back from my brother.
Will be geting pictures of the latest additions and the hopeful one this coming weekend.

·
Registered
658 Posts
WOW!!!! :eek:
You get more Masseys faster then me!!!!!!!
I did work a deal with a friend for a 44 and got it cheap!!
Runs moves just dont stop ;) The brakes are easy to fix though :lol:

·
Registered
168 Posts
you must travel the back roads a lot .
in the KW setting up high than a small car see all the good stuff .
all very nice finds .
keep up the good work saving stuff from the scrap pile !

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I love the single front wheel!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bertman said:
WOW!!!! :eek:
You get more Masseys faster then me!!!!!!!
I did work a deal with a friend for a 44 and got it cheap!!
Runs moves just dont stop ;) The brakes are easy to fix though :lol:
Brakes? Who needs brakes.Cuts into your working time :lol:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Never thought of that. :lol: Gonna have to try it.oh yah.Did do that when I was young and got in trouble for ripping up the field. :oops:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Picked up the back half of one 55 Diesel and the complete 55 Diesel today.A dump rake and a horse drawn MH sickle mower mysteriously ended up on the trailer as well. As I was hooking up to the trailer an MH 81 Standard joined the ride. I will be going back to the same place in a month or so to pick up 3 W6 McCormick tractors. Not sure what it is but they all seem to follow me home. 18 of them to date if my count is right.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Found another 44 Standard in Fort Simpson in the Northwest Territories of all places.In the process of tracking down who owns it.

It is in pretty rough shape but if I could get it, the story on it would be quite spectacular. And yes the white stuff is real snow.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
missouri massey man said:
I never really cared a lot for snow.....but those old Massey's are sure neat to bring home. Would love to have a 44 Std or a 55. Not too many of either around here.
And how many of each did you say you wanted to have? They are everywhere up here. I have 3- 55s, 1- 555 and 3- 44s as it stands so far.

·
Registered
305 Posts
missouri massey man said:
I never really cared a lot for snow.....but those old Massey's are sure neat to bring home. Would love to have a 44 Std or a 55. Not too many of either around here.
here either

Masseymechanic i think you for sure need that

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Ray.Was having doubts there for a minute.Was beginning to think I had enough tractors.Glad you got me straightened out on that. :lol:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
One thing is for certain in this part of the world.If you had two tractors in those days, one was a Massey 44 and the other was a John Deere D.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1031d said:
Colin, You can never have enough tractors! I have 28. 13 are CASE! You are almost like the Pied Piper of Massey!
Hmmmmm. Been called a lot of things over the years.Pied Piper of Massey. Kind of has a ring to it :lol:

1 - 20 of 81 Posts