Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this is a question from a childhood memory. The farmer across the way had a tractor with adjustable rears that you could widen or narrow by releasing the hub and either pulling forward or backing up. Can anyone tell me what make etc this would have been? I thought it was an Oliver but I really can;t remember! :?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

G

·
0 Posts
My ford has power adjust rims. They have 4 plates with grooves welded in the rim. The center hub works like a screw inside them.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I was thinking that AC was first with spin out wheels but not 100% sure. I've had WD , WD45 and a Int. 350 utility with those type wheels.....mike

·
Registered
154 Posts
PAVT. wheels, or Power Adjustable Variable Track wheels, they are known as over here. They were always an "Optional Extra" on new tractors, and could have been ordered on almost any make. I have them fitted to my Fiat, they have heavy Cast Centres,but I never use them to adjust the track width.
I think they were fitted as standard to the MF,178 and maybe the 188.They do seem to have been used a lot earlier on your side of the water.

G

·
0 Posts
Here's what the tracks on the Ford Power Adjust rims look like. There are 4 sections like this.
You can see the center hub as well.

G

·
0 Posts
Here's the old rim. We cut the tracks out and welded them in a new rim (pictured above)

G

·
0 Posts
Tha Ulsterscot said:
Your system seems to work like a nut screwing onto a bolt, which is different to ours, will take a pic as soon as poss. and show how mine work :)
Would be interested in seeing what you have.

G

·
0 Posts
prwttsh said:
That's interesting Ron. I don't recall seeing them before. :oops: Guess I'm gonna have to pay closer attention.
When we get moved and Gary comes out here, you'll have to tag along and check them out :cool:

G

·
0 Posts
prwttsh said:
petra79 said:
prwttsh said:
That's interesting Ron. I don't recall seeing them before. :oops: Guess I'm gonna have to pay closer attention.
When we get moved and Gary comes out here, you'll have to tag along and check them out :cool:
Was that Ford design or yours?
Surely wasn't me :roll: Not 100% sure on who's it was. I know they came from the factory on fords.

·
Super Moderator
1,701 Posts
[quote="petra79When we get moved and Gary comes out here, you'll have to tag along and check them out :cool:[/quote]
Was that Ford design or yours?[/quote]
Surely wasn't me :roll: Not 100% sure on who's it was. I know they came from the factory on fords.[/quote]

Thanks. Now I know to watch those old fords. All the Fords at the auction today didn't have anything like that.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts