Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started working on a D 14lp i had was going to just change out or rebuild the lp vavles but went a liitle more into the tractor.

Change out all the gauges including the Traction booster and made a new line.

Installed the new lower water pipe then the water pump was leaking so installed rebuilt one.

Fixed a couple leaks at the oil filter housing and a lower block off plate where the power steering pump would go on.

today cut out right side panel from a gas tractor to fit on the propane tank.
still need to make up side panels.

here some pictures.

G

·
Sounds like you got alot accomplished. Nice fit on the hood panel. Looks factory. Thanks for posting.................

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Looking good! I like the look of the new guages and you did a fine job on the hood also. Like Prwttsh said above I never seen one propane before but I like it.

·
Administrator
4,284 Posts
Looks like you got it going good. Nice work on the hood fit.
Hope you have good luck and no surprises getting it finished.
Keep us updated on the progress. ;)

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Good work on the hood fit. Looks factory to me. Thanks for posting your progress. Gages NICE!
Regards,
Chris

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
couple more picture i had to make a piece to support the hood as it was missing.
Had to drill and tap the holes the old bolts out where already broke out.
Also the front grill had been beaten up and the front grill smash in did some work still more to do.

also work on the Wd45 Diesel had a after market filter i decided to change it back to factory.
was checking the oil it has diesel look like will need a seal on the pump.

s

·
Registered
362 Posts
Very nice work! ;)

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
was running hot and leaking so i change out the head gasket last week.
running better not getting hot anymore
Then i notice the final drives had some noise so remove the final drive on the left side tonight.
plan removing the upper shaft and checking the brakes and also new seal on the inner axle.
looks like all new bearing will be installed on this side and my favorite part cleaning the housing and gears and shafts.
Thanks for all the good comments.
going into the tractor way more than i plan seem like it was in better shape at least it does not jump any gears and the hlyds are good.

·
Administrator
4,284 Posts
My experience seems they always get more new parts than planned, so anymore I don't plan just go with the flow 'till everything's good.
I gotta get me a Porta Power. They come in handy for just too many things, and now being retired can't borrow one from the shop. :(

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Got the final drive back on about 3 weeks ago took the tractor for a drive sounds better all new bearings.

but the oil pressure starts out real good but when the motor warms up been low so i decided about 1 1/2 week half ago to take the motor out and check things out.

here is where i am at today the middle main look bad and 3 rod bearings.
couple pictures of the tear down for a LP engine the motor is not very clean.
also took the head off going to have it hot tank and also the block.
need pressure plate rebuilt and clutch and need new throw out bearing.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Richard, at least you are gonna know you can depend on it when you get get done. I was never around a propane tractor except at some shows. Just some propane forklifts where we had exchange tanks to change. Do you have a large tank to refill the tractor tank?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Right now i use a 100lb tank and hook a hose to fill valve and turn the tank upside down in a loader high than the tractor LP tank when cold i pour hot water on the 100lb tank the fuel will transfer over.

this tractor is getting a lot more parts than i planned for sure.
I will check the sleeves saturday and see if i can reuse or if a total rebuit is going to happen.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts