Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope this picture hasn't already been posted here but I was putting it on another forum this morning and thought it might be of some interest here too.

·
Administrator
3,957 Posts
I always wanted a Allis G, but the ones I see for sale are the tractor alone.
If the implements weren't so scarce and expensive, I would already have one.
I can't justify owning a tractor with nothing to do. ;)

G

·
0 Posts
They are neat tractors and I agree with Dave. No implements to work with, not for me.......

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bikerdave said:
Down home we called them "tater-bugs". Can't figure out why, can you? :lol:
I can see that. Just add a few stripes on the back. :lol:
I think if I found one of these at a good price I'd take it even without implements. Shouldn't be too hard to adapt some type of tillage machinery to it.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Seems like I seen, heard or read that some one today builds a simular tractor. If that were true then I would think equipment for those could be adapted to the G.

:D Al

·
Registered
395 Posts
alleyyooper said:
Seems like I seen, heard or read that some one today builds a simular tractor. If that were true then I would think equipment for those could be adapted to the G.

tuff built is the company just goggle it im not good enough on computer to post there page but maybe some day shows all there attachments too

·
Registered
483 Posts
Thanks corn cob I didn't even remember the companies name.
When you are at there web page just high lite the web address in the explorer header then right click choose copy from the menu. Come here or where ever and right click the mose again and choose paste from the menu.

http://www.tuff-bilt.com/

And your finished.

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
Does anyone know if their implements will fit? or can be made to fit?
I have declined to buy a couple with no implements ( and a big price tag)

·
Registered
483 Posts
a person with ability a scrap of paper, pencil, welder, hack saw can make just about any thing fit.
there is a couple of guys on this site that really can make a silk purse out of a pigs ear.

·
Registered
395 Posts
alleyyooper said:
a person with ability a scrap of paper, pencil, welder, hack saw can make just about any thing fit.
there is a couple of guys on this site that really can make a silk purse out of a pigs ear.

the main tool bar on my g assuming all would be the same gust wedges into the mid mount lift arms all it is is 3 quarter by 2 inch flat bar with to 90 degree angle ears welded on it very easy to make i mounted a i row planet jr on mine it came with a 4 row planet jr carret seeder on it i had to rebuild engine as it would start with a tow but not on starter i got lucky crank and cylinders were in spec for rods and mains10 and20 cylinders were still standard but rings were worn with 1quarter inch rebuid tag on it for 1961 and it has optional bull low transmission gap picked it up on kijjij for 500 dollars

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
corn cob said:
alleyyooper said:

the main tool bar on my g assuming all would be the same gust wedges into the mid mount lift arms all it is is 3 quarter by 2 inch flat bar with to 90 degree angle ears welded on it very easy to make i mounted a i row planet jr on mine it came with a 4 row planet jr carret seeder on it i had to rebuild engine as it would start with a tow but not on starter i got lucky crank and cylinders were in spec for rods and mains10 and20 cylinders were still standard but rings were worn with 1quarter inch rebuid tag on it for 1961 and it has optional bull low transmission gap picked it up on kijjij for 500 dollars
That's cheap by Missouri standards. Just about everything for the engines are available through Continental, but a bit pricey. I'd say Al is right about adapting accessories.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts