Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
4,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got closer to being done planting with Spring planting, yesterday. Got finished working up the melon patch, and planted pumpkins, muskmelons, and watermelons.
It's been turned for since early Spring. First time it's been worked for at least 33 years, since Grandad passed. I'll be fighting grass for a few years.
The melons should love it. A lot more sandy soil than the garden 75' away, and gets about the same amount of shade and full sun a day.
I hope those melons from the hills of North Carolina like it here. :cool: Can't wait to see. We got a good gentle rain for about two hours this morning.
Overcast and more showers forecast for this afternoon should get the seeds started. ;)

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Sounding good Big Dave, getting all that seed planted.
Hope it all does well.

·
Super Moderator
8,443 Posts
We re-planted a melon patch today that was planted 4 weeks and 1 day ago. Some seed were still coming up. Too much of too cold and wet and a hard, thick crust did it in. We planted 5 short rows about 10 days ago of them BIG green melons, and most of them are up. I still hope to plant a few more later this week. The ground is still a bit wet to work .
Dave, we are supposed to have a dry week with temps near 90 in a few days. Sharpened the sickle yesterday :!: ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts