Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

An old buddy called me to stop by his shop to remove some saw sharpening equipment he is not going to be using anymore as he is 82ish and slowing down quite a bit. Along with the power tools, he gave me this alternator/generator tester. Everything works.

Here you can see the cradle that holds the tested part and inside the case is the electric motor that powers the gen/alt with a belt. What a great addition to the shop !!!

I posted some old power tools on the Old Machinery forum too...

·
Super Moderator
856 Posts
That was a good find and should be quite useful. I wish I had one of those.

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oldman1151 said:
That was a good find and should be quite useful. I wish I had one of those.
I've been keeping my eye out for something like this for a long time Wayne, it sure WILL be quite useful.
JJ. in B.C. said:
Excellent score Wendell :cool:
An auto-electric shop i know has what looks to be an identical one still in everyday use ;)
The paperwork is inside the enclosure and I am anxious to check out an Autolite 12v genny on a 77 Ollie. Hopefully this will lessen the trips to the local shop...
gordon1121 said:
I can think of so many times one of those would have been nice.
Yes, me too Gordon. Every time one of the tractors is dead, I think is it the battery going bad or the charging system just not charging ????????
Hopefully I will be smart enough to figure out how to use it......

·
Administrator
4,283 Posts
Very nice piece of equipment to have. :mrgreen: Should save trips to the motor shop. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts