Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
;) just asking

1959 model. 730D electric start I have all the parts they were being stored inside. sheet metal is fair

Question 1: I noticed it has hook ups for 2 batterys. tractor data says it is a 24 volt system but also says it took 4 6v batterys. What do i need to put on it?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help! i preciate it :D

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Yep you are in.....now you'll never get out! :lol:

·
Registered
906 Posts
Make sure you hook the batteries in series (ie: Neg term of one to the pos of the next) Series the voltages add parallel, the voltage stays the same, but the current (amps) adds.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DerickS said:
Yep you are in.....now you'll never get out! :lol:
:lol:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bikerdave said:
Make sure you hook the batteries in series (ie: Neg term of one to the pos of the next) Series the voltages add parallel, the voltage stays the same, but the current (amps) adds.
Alright thanks for the help. My grandpa was asking if we needed to hook it up that way

·
-Willy-
1,420 Posts
Yup its like flashlight batteries.

As to the 6volt batteries or 12 volt. If your not in a cold climate I suggest you use (2) 12 volt batteries. Group 24 will be sufficient. A group 24 battery is pretty common and is what is commonly used for pickups. A 72 month battery will outlast any other battery. You should not need a deep cycle, so dont bother going there unless you want the battery for an electric trolling motor on a fishing boat.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the help. it seems that is what the last owner used since it has connections for 2 batterys. i think i have a couple 12vs lying around that should work out to test everything out then we will go get some new ones

1 - 9 of 9 Posts