Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well all, here's some type of hitch. Turned up while discing the garden area.
Any technical term for this one???
(better hurry with that metal detector Bertman)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stephenscity said:
Can't help but if you keep this up you gonna be able to start an antique shop :!: :eek: :lol: :lol:
How cool would that be. Might not have a yard left, but??????????

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
I contacted N.A.S.A. we will be there with the C.I.A. A.S.A.P And they said B.Y.O.S.
B.Y.O.S.= bring your own shovel :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mostlyred said:
looks like the lifting arm on letter series john deere...the front cultivaters had a tube that would go thru the ring
Thanks. You wouldn't happen to have a pic of one on a tractor, would you?? Just for curiousity sake.

·
Administrator
3,957 Posts
mostlyred said:
looks like the lifting arm on letter series john deere...the front cultivaters had a tube that would go thru the ring
I didn't think J.D., but lifting arm for front cultavators was what popped in my head as well. ;)

·
Registered
320 Posts
Here is what they look like mounted. In the pic, mine only has the eye part on the left one. I have the right one, just never have taken the time to put it on.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks JDfan. Always interesting to see how things of yesteryear work.

Nother mystery solved :cool:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bertman said:
I bet when I come out were gonna find a entire tractor :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
If not we might make a doodlebug project
Thats what Colin is hoping for. But since I posted that I found 2 rims and a driveshaft already and tonight while pushin a tree over with the dozer we found another rim Sooooooooooooooooo we're leaning towards finding a truck :shock: :lol: :lol:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Stephenscity said:
You sure in another life this place wasn't an old junk yard :?: :?: :?: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Isn't that what alot of old farms turn into :lol: :lol: :lol: Nothing get tossed too far away... Who knows, it might be an old grain truck burried.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
johndeerefan said:
When you find the rest of that ole John Deere, let me know lol
You bet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Only found scrap metal today discing the garden :cry:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Stephenscity said:
petra79 said:
Stephenscity said:
You sure in another life this place wasn't an old junk yard :?: :?: :?: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Isn't that what alot of old farms turn into :lol: :lol: :lol: Nothing get tossed too far away... Who knows, it might be an old grain truck burried.
This is getting too funny can't wait to see what you find next :!: :!: :eek: :eek: :lol: :lol:
Found a set of leaf springs. Any idea what these may be off of????? Looks like something off an old buggy. All this was on the edge of a path we made.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts