Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i was talkiing to a guy the other day.. we were talking about the 01 series fords.. etc. he mentioned that he really missed the ammeter. on 01 the pulled the ammeter.. put in a charge lamp, and put in a fuel gauge.

well.. those are the conversations that start gears turning and smoke rolling.

so this afternoon I cut some roofing tin into a bracket.. sanded and painted to match my 63 4000.. tossed in a spare amp gauge I had fromt he shelf and added it into the charge circuit. lined it with some rubber hose to keep the cut metal edge from snagging soemthing.. put it onthe left lower side of the dash cowling.

will get some pics when the wwife returns my camera... ( her camera. :) )

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Re: anyone ever talk you into adding something to your tract

Wow...sounds really cool....whats the matter with your wife taking"her" camera with her? The nerve ;)

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

OK you guys got to explain this can spend all this money on tractors and won't spend $20 for a camera at Walmart?? :eek: :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

by the time i spend it all on the tractor.. got none left over for the camera.. :)

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

soundguy said:
by the time i spend it all on the tractor.. got none left over for the camera.. :)
Good point!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
530 Posts

You see when Chris gets it in his head to do something it's done so fast that pictures would only be a blur.

Kirk

·
Administrator
4,283 Posts

Looks good!! :cool: I've been thinking about doing that on my 3400. Never trusted the idiot lights all that much.
Looking at it, I think there is enough room to pop a couple of holes for a ammeter and oil pressure gauge on top either side of the steering wheel. ;)

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

i could have mounted it in the dash or hood sides.. I just didn't want to mar that beautiful metal I had. ;0

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts

Looks good. Is that a sherman I see on that thing. I'm just guessing thats a 4000 by the color and I see it has the 4 speed. I have a question, I used to think the 600/early 2000 series had the 4 speed and the 800/ early 4000 had the 5 speed because it seems like thats the way the ones I see around here are but as I see more at shows I see them both ways. Was it more a regional thing the way they were equipped or just dealers choise?

·
Registered
3,020 Posts

Does this count? Of course I cannot take credit for the customizing, but soundguy maybe you can get some ideas HERE !!!!

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

801 and 601 could have 4, 5, 10 spd tranny ( post 59 10spd ). 5spd could be live or non live

2000/4000 could have 4/5/10 speeds. ALL 5spds were live.

mine is a 63 4000, 4 spd with a sherman combo.. giving me 12/3 f/r

you see lots of 6xx with 4 spd and 8xx with 5 spd as the 6xx was the more exonomy machine..the 4 spd was the economy trans. 8xx was a more spendy machine.. an upgrade if you will.. so was the 5spd.. etc.

make ssense to see base modes with base options.. and higher $ models with more options.

could get those with no pto and hyds too. with a 4spd

620 / 630 etc..

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts

Thanks. Never new they were available with all the different options of trans.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

from 59 and up they had 4-5-10.. previous to that.. 4-5 and previous to that 3-4 after 65 then you had 6-8-10 :)

in there was also a 6x4 M/R

·
Registered
2,108 Posts

I believe soundguy has forgot more about Fords than I will ever know. That's why he's where he's at and I'm where I'm at:)
I had know idea of the tranny combos! I will look a little closer from now on. Always learning something on here!
Regards,
Chris

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

then you add in all them aux trannies the 4 speeds could have and it gets mind numbing. :)

·
Registered
2,108 Posts

I'm not going there Chris!
Regards,
Chris

1 - 17 of 17 Posts