Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The neighbour's trees on the boundary have grown so wide & tall they were well over the boundary into our place,boy were they making a mess, there was no way they were going to trim them, so we decided to call in the 'experts'. The guy who did the trimming was a Dutchman on an overseas working holiday, as you can see he wasn't afraid of heights. He was about 80ft. up swinging on a thin line that he had thrown higher up, him and his little Stihl chainsaw. He did a supurb job cutting them back to just inside the boundary, we won't have to worry about them for about 5 years, hopefully.

·
Super Moderator
7,857 Posts
A hard, tedious way to move up in this world. I'd rather be poor and sit high in a tractor seat :!: ;) :D

·
Administrator
3,960 Posts
A Bosun's chair would be more fun, but might make it harder to cut. :D
I have no problems with heights. As kids, we played around,
and rappelled down 100'+ sheer bluffs in the hills along the Ohio river.
Also, eighty feet is only about a six story building in elevator (lift, in Europe) height. My profession. ;)

·
Registered
311 Posts
The last tree I was up in with a saw I fell out,so the I stay on the ground with a chain saw now. Glad you played it safe and called a pro.....mike

·
Super Moderator
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The guys used a bosun's chair on the 120' pines we cut some years ago, but on this job it would have been difficult.
He had to be selective in what he cut back,(being the neighbour's trees). Swinging around with a chainsaw in one hand, is not for the faint hearted.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts