Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had our annual family apple butter making Friday and Saturday. We peel and core the apple on Friday evening. Saturday we cook the apple butter. we only cooked 4 bushel this year due to lack of help. Normaly we use 1/2 golden delicious and 1/2 jonathan. This year we use 1/2 red delicious due to lack of goldens. We made 60 pints this year. One thing that we learned is, the red delicious apples do not cook down as fast as the goldens.

·
Super Moderator
7,748 Posts
Is your bride gonna make a BIG batch of biscuits next for you to enjoy some apple butter and make a proper quality control test?

·
Registered
230 Posts
I would definitely like to have some of that apple butter along with the hot biscuits.
I love fall. So much good food being made and something good going on almost every weekend. The fresh made sorghum will be hitting the farmers markets here soon, and I always buy a pint or quart for us, and a few extra pints for gifts.

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is your bride gonna make a BIG batch of biscuits next for you to enjoy some apple butter and make a proper quality control test?
Jim, that was breakfast Sunday morning:dance::good:

·
Administrator
3,899 Posts
Nothing better than your favorite breakfast sausage on a biscuit slathered with apple butter.
Some things are just as good....but nothing better.

·
Super Moderator
7,748 Posts
I would definitely like to have some of that apple butter along with the hot biscuits.
I love fall. So much good food being made and something good going on almost every weekend. The fresh made sorghum will be hitting the farmers markets here soon, and I always buy a pint or quart for us, and a few extra pints for gifts.
We love apple butter and molasses. I helped a neighbor for a few years get his cane to a farmer where we ground it, and it was cooked the next day. There are still farm chores that rely upon lots of manual labor to do a job right and produce a good product, and apple butter and molasses are a sweet reward for hard work.
Still looking for fall here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts