Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there!

I recently inherited my grandpa's 1968? Ford 2000 tractor. If anyone could give me guidance as to who to contact to get an approximate value I'd appreciate it. Or email me info at [email protected].

Thanks!
Kim

·
Administrator
4,004 Posts
Hello and welcome.
If you can post a few photos of the tractor someone here can give you an approximate value.
Condition and location have a lot to do with value.

·
Administrator
4,004 Posts
That's a dandy looking little Ford. The serial number makes it a '72 model.
As long as everything is in good working order it would likely fetch $3900 to $4700 here in the middle of KY.
If it has low hours possibly a bit more. They have always been popular tractors around here.

·
Super Moderator
7,925 Posts
I can't speak to its value, but it is a nice looking tractor. Don't let it go before you can research its value thoroughly.

·
Registered
323 Posts
We had a neighbor, that would buy nothing but those ford 2000 tractors. He was really rough on equipment tho. He would use his tractors like he would a bulldozer. I remember he bought a little patch of creek bottom land that he was going to convert to pasture, and it was growed up in tree saplings and scrub bushes with trunks bigger around than your fist, and he was taking that ford 2000 and a bush hog and trying to ride all that down. he broke the front end completely out from under the ford 2000 and ruined I dont know how many bush hog blades. He went and bought a 2nd ford 2000, so he could keep clearing with one, while someone would be patching the other one back up, and kept trading out when one went down. he finally got that patch of land cleared, but it would have been cheaper on him just to have paid a guy to come in and doze it, when you added up everything he broke. He was just that kind of a fellow tho. Was a fun guy to be around doing farm work, cause you never knew what outlandish thing he was going to do. I was riding with him in the truck one day and he had a hay elevator tied in the back of the pickup, and he took a sharp turn, and caught the top that hay elevator on a tree and bent it almost 90 degrees, then blamed it on his wife, cause she was talking to him. Haha. I sometimes miss those days.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts