Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts

I can't answer your question but went ahead and got your pics posted. ;)

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, wish I knew what I was doing wrong

·
Registered
530 Posts
The one on the right.
9n 748 would be a ford flat belt pulley. Being it has a TO, instead of 9n, may indicate Tractor Overseas with would make it a ferguson. The steel belt pulley itself was used on the later ford 762 pto pulley on the 8n which would fit the time frame for the TO ferguson models late '40's early '50's. The spline should still be 1 1/8". it will also fit the ford with the same shaft size.
The other one may be an aftermarket, I'm not sure.

Kirk

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No #'s on the v belt pulley.
I was hoping they would fit an 8n. Don't have one yet. have a lead on one though.

·
Registered
530 Posts
The flat belt pulley should bolt up to an N tractor if the pto shaft is 1 1/8" and has not be changed out with a 1 3/8" shaft. Not sure about the other pulley. What are you planning to run with it? there are plenty of them around at swap meets and farm auctions even Ebay if you want to pay a higher price.

Kirk

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't have anything to run with them, I don't even have an 8N yet.
I just thought for $20 I couldn't go wrong.

·
Registered
530 Posts
that's a good price. That's about what I find them going for $20/$25 at some of the swap meets. Picked up one last year at a farm yard sale for $15 and another at a swap meet for $30 but that was the later model with the 1 3/8" spline. I haven't seen many around with the bigger shaft size. I guess the most of the old falt belt pulleys got phazed out for more direct drive PTO shafts like what Chris on the forum is using to run his buzz saw. Easy on and off. To run yours on the later pto 1 3/8" shaft you would need an adapter and some kind of extender like what I have on my saw. But these are hard to find and would probably cost you more than what you paid for the pulley.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
I agree.. 20$ ... you can't go wrong with... no matter what spline size.

I see more 1 3/8 for sale than the 1 1/8.. at least here anyway.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts