Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Ladies and Gents,

I am new to this forum and have not ever restored a tractor before. However, I have restored cars and motorcycles before. I understand that many of you will see these photos and see the missing parts and broken ones. However, I already know the expected costs and am still going forward. My father only has this tractor left from his inheritance and I want to restore it before my father passes. I have many projects, so I will start buying the known required parts ahead of time. I expect to start the restoration around October.

History: He parked it in the barn in 1960. In the mid-60's, my uncle moved it out into the field and trees grew up through it.

John

Attachments

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Welcome to the forum Conrad! Enjoy restoring that please keep posting pics with the progress!

·
Super Moderator
7,740 Posts
Welcome to ATF! Bravo to you for wanting to save a family tractor!

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you haven't already learned the technique from some of your previous restoration work, I recommend reading up on electrolytic rust removal. It's a great alternative to chemicals and blasting some cases. Those methods remove metal while the electrolytic rust process just sucks off the iron oxide. I have a tank a I created with a storage tote and I can run manifolds and a fair bit of items. And probably once of the best upgrades I made to my set up was getting graphite plates off ebay instead of using a metal sacrificial plate. That way I don't have to constantly clean my plates to keep up the conductivity.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts