Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a ride across town to the black dirt area to pick up another farmall cub High and Wide. This one's a 1960. Engine is free so it might be an easy restore.

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Another good looking find. I've lost count does that make #3. I'm surprised to see that many high crop cubs in that area wonder what crops these were used on. The mowing machine you got with it looks good too they are always nice to get a hold of. Glad you found it.

·
Super Moderator
1,623 Posts
From what I can see it doesn't look too bad. It's been used for mowing by the sickle bar mower.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
John M said:
Looks like a pretty origianl tractor. Any signs of a repaint?
No signs of repaint anywhere right down to the lid on the battery box. I don't believe it's spent a nite outside. The guy's grand daughter said it was her grand dads pride and joy. It was mostly used to sickle bar the weeds and pull a transplanter.

Kirk

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
gordon1121 said:
Another good looking find. I've lost count does that make #3. I'm surprised to see that many high crop cubs in that area wonder what crops these were used on. The mowing machine you got with it looks good too they are always nice to get a hold of. Glad you found it.
Yes the count is getting up there. After I pulled this one in my wife locked up the chickens and came up to the barn doing a quick count. I thought she was counting chickens to make sure they were all in the coop but when she got up to 17,18,19...ect,I knew better cause we don't have that many birds.

petra79 said:
Did you finally make a sleeping room in the garage???????????

Nice find Sir.
Having picked up a ferguson and 2 cubs this past week you might say I have one foot in the doghouse only cause my wife still thinks the cubs are cute.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Barn find Farmall Hi-crop (Update)

She now runs and drives. Runs quite with no smoke. Took it for a short drive, shifted in all gears, no noise. Brakes and lights also work. Still have work to do on it and cleanup but overall very pleased.

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Kirk that is really a good looking tractor. I like them when they are set out wide. You did good on that one. Hope it didn't get in to much trouble.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
petra79 said:
Excellant Sir. Tractor not only looks good but you even kinda look like Clint Eastwood :cool: :cool:
It's funny you should say that because a lot of people have told Clint he looks like me.

·
Administrator
4,312 Posts
petra79 said:
Excellent Sir. Tractor not only looks good but you even kinda look like Clint Eastwood :cool: :cool:
I was wondering if someone would ever bring this up. I almost did the first time Kirk posted a photo of himself. :?
Then decided he probably heard it too many times over the years. :roll: He also looks a lot like my Grandad did around his age,
and my Uncle now. (He's only 64 Kirk, he was 11 when I was born ;) ) You got any kinfolk around KY ??
Anyway, Nice little original Cub. I've never seen a high and wide one around here.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all the replies.
Dave, No kin in KY that I'm aware of.
I probably don't get the, hey you know you look like, as much anymore as I use to when I was younger and had more hair. I'd rather have his money than his looks anyway. But than if I did I really be tractor Crazy.

Kirk

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Kirk-NJ said:
Thanks for all the replies.
Dave, No kin in KY that I'm aware of.
I probably don't get the, hey you know you look like, as much anymore as I use to when I was younger and had more hair. I'd rather have his money than his looks anyway. But than if I did I really be tractor Crazy.

Kirk
If you are accumulating too many sir, you could always sell ME one....Go ahead, Kirk...MAKE MY DAY...
Awww man. that sounded funnier in my head than it looks in print . :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Great looking tractor! I ddint know they made them as a high crop

1 - 16 of 16 Posts