Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it's been awhile since I posted, I'm pretty much back on my feet again, though it is lonely with Georgie gone, I have my two labs, (senior lab Taffy and puppy Sadie) to keep me good company and of course you good folks on ATF have kept me in tune, and I have periodically viewed the web site to stay up to date.

This is a pic of my 2n that I just pulled the motor and sent it away to get a full overhaul. I just wish that once in my life when I buy a gas engine piece of equipment that the owner would be honest. When I bought my 2n the owner said it had been rebuilt, well his rebuild theory and my opinion of a rebuild are vastly different. His idea of a rebuild is you just fix what needs to keep it running so 4 years later I have to do a full rebuild. Oh well such is life.

I have been busy splitting fire wood for my sauna, I'm hoping this may get me through most of winter, I' hoping for another mild winter like last year, oh boy the Farmers Almanac calls for low temps in Dec./Feb. but above temps the rest of winter, they average an 85% of their predictions.

I have pleanty of tanks ready for cutting to make fire pits and my latest project is also smokers.

Here is one of many different figures available for fire pits.

Here is a smoker with the fire box outside of the smoker.

G

·
0 Posts
Guess you have been busy. I sure do like that smoker, just don't know if I could afford the shipping cost on one. Still have the pic of it on my putor you sent me.
Where did you send the engine for it rebuild??? Tractor shop or someone you know?

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Dave 2N so happy to see you back on ATF .Good to see you back doing firepits and smokers and other things . You do great work . Keep it up.

G

·
0 Posts
Stephenscity said:
So good to have ya posting again really have missed you!!!!!!!Ann and I just came in from the patio had a fire in our pit and steaks on the grill Life is Good!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thought you were bringing them steaks to Ky?????????????????????

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
petra79 said:
Stephenscity said:
So good to have ya posting again really have missed you!!!!!!!Ann and I just came in from the patio had a fire in our pit and steaks on the grill Life is Good!!!!!!!!!!!!
Got more but Ann said you might have to settle for hot dogs :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Stephenscity said:
petra79 said:
Stephenscity said:
What I amI going to have to do to you two both in KY> . We will have fun & more Fun . I am getting better & better each day .

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ron I took my engine to a shop that is local and only work on Ford tractors. It is a highly recommended shop. I am starting to travel a bit, as you know I just got back from Seal Beach, Cal, Oct. 26th to 29th I fly my daughter and son-in-law to Vegas for 4 days, in Jan sometime I'm loading up the van with me and the girsl and heading for Pearland Texas to visit an old friend I grew up with when I lived in Cal.
You guys and Betty keep talkin' about steaks and stuff I just may head out your way Ron and drop off a smoker or fire pit, maybe get to Ky and bring back some stuff also, if I get inticed.
Dave

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Hope you get the 2n back togather and running without any more unexpected surprises. Those fire boxes and cookers are something. I feel good when I can get two pieces of metal to stick together and then you see something like that and be able to sign your name with a welder. You do good work.

G

·
0 Posts
dave2n said:
Ron I took my engine to a shop that is local and only work on Ford tractors. It is a highly recommended shop. I am starting to travel a bit, as you know I just got back from Seal Beach, Cal, Oct. 26th to 29th I fly my daughter and son-in-law to Vegas for 4 days, in Jan sometime I'm loading up the van with me and the girsl and heading for Pearland Texas to visit an old friend I grew up with when I lived in Cal.
You guys and Betty keep talkin' about steaks and stuff I just may head out your way Ron and drop off a smoker or fire pit, maybe get to Ky and bring back some stuff also, if I get inticed.
Dave
Thanks Dave,
Gonna be just fine when you get her back together.
Headin to Ky in a couple weeks but we'll have to let you know when I'm headin down there next year. You could always stop here on the way down and we'll do steaks here as well. Just stay away from Virginia. I hear they only serve Hotdogs there :lol:

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Great to have you back here Dave :D Looking forward to your prgress on the Ford

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Your Ford is a nice project, Dave, but the wife is crazy about your fire pits....you should maybe take orders on the forum, map out a circular route for a visit with interested forum members and deliver the pits with a delivery fee added. It'd be a fun loop and may even pay for your trip at the same time !!! :D :D :D
May even be able to rustle up some burgers and brats for an afternoon visit. Well, maybe a steak for an out of towner.... :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
missouri massey man said:
Your Ford is a nice project, Dave, but the wife is crazy about your fire pits....you should maybe take orders on the forum, map out a circular route for a visit with interested forum members and deliver the pits with a delivery fee added. It'd be a fun loop and may even pay for your trip at the same time !!! :D :D :D
May even be able to rustle up some burgers and brats for an afternoon visit. Well, maybe a steak for an out of towner.... :lol: :lol:
Now I never thought of delivering, man that's a good idea, if this winter is like last winter mild I just may have to do a drive.
Great idea, thanks Dave

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
dave2n said:
missouri massey man said:
Now I never thought of delivering, man that's a good idea, if this winter is like last winter mild I just may have to do a drive.
Great idea, thanks Dave
Dave, just make sure you include eastern Missouri in the loop..... ;) :D :D The Missus is ready to send her order in....That would make for a great visit !!!

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Dave youknow you are welcome to come to Ky.
Tag with Ron & come on down .So glad to have you backon ATF.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts