Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I made a quick run to the junk yard to get rid of some a/c parts and pieces when I spy this little guy just resting about halfway up the pile. Now, the pile is a good 15' to 20' high mind you. So I ask the fellow who would throw away a perfectly good old fashioned hand operated semi-rusty tire changer. He says I don't know anyone crazy enough to even WANT one. Well I says you are LOOKING right at one !!!!

Low and behold, he told me if I wanted it I'd have to pay an exorbitant 35 CENTS a POUND for it. I says heck it caint weigh over a hundred pounds, that'd be 35 bucks. So guess what....he rolled it out of the pile and after my truck was weighed out, he weighed this at 92 pounds and placed it in the back of my trusty rusty, bright orange 85 Ford truck, affectionately known as "Old Blue".

The amount I owed was a whopping 32 dollars even !!! Subtracted that from my $481.00 load and I still got $449.00 plus the super deluxe tire changer in these photos !!! So....BigDave I was thinking of you and the saga of the lawnmower tire you were in a wrestling match with a couple weeks ago. Imagine that...a perfectly good, well trained Atlas model A-3 tire changer (with all accessories, mind you) for 32 BUCKS !!!! Now, please tell me who's the crazy one.

Now please, no one spill the beans to MrsMassey, she thinks I traded the whole load even money for this little guy....Shhhhhhhhhhhhh :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Wendell aren't you the naughty one keeping all that extra cash from your sweet wife.
Men ,men men .us women just can not live without them. :roll: :roll: :( :( :eek: :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol:

G

·
Sounds like a deal I would have taken as well. Haven't seen many good toys in the scrap yards around here.
Great find Sir.

·
Administrator
4,347 Posts
All them good toys yer buddy gave you and now a good heavy duty changer for pennies on the dollar. :roll:
Some folks have all the luck. :cool: Maybe I'm gonna have to go and camp out in front of the local scrap yard and see what comes in. ;)

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bettyp said:
Men ,men men .us women just can not live without them. :roll: :roll: :( :( :eek: :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh yes, MissBetty you are sooooo right about that.....MrsMassey has never had it so good. :lol: :lol: :lol:
BigDaveinKY said:
All them good toys yer buddy gave you and now a good heavy duty changer for pennies on the dollar. :roll:
Some folks have all the luck. :cool:
Yet again proving even someone with no luck at all MOST of the time gets lucky on occasion....I'm hoping for a trifecta. ;) ;) :D
petra79 said:
Sounds like a deal I would have taken as well. Haven't seen many good toys in the scrap yards around here.
Great find Sir.
Well I've always said I was a sucker for a bargain...besides Ron, I couldn't let this pristine piece of machinery continue on its journey to the Mitsubishi plant. ;) ;)

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
What a great find. It's amazing what people scrap.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
gordon1121 said:
Wendell my hats off to you again. Glad you got it. It always amazed me at some of the things people throw away.
Have to agree but what's even more amazing is how the heck Wendall always seems to know when they do and where they did!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Stephenscity said:
gordon1121 said:
Wendell my hats off to you again. Glad you got it. It always amazed me at some of the things people throw away.
Have to agree but what's even more amazing is how the heck Wendall always seems to know when they do and where they did!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts