Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked the first of my blackberries this morning Only had 6 ripe enough and only 3 madeit into the house. I would have been in trouble with Diane if I had not brought so in for her:)

·
Super Moderator
7,958 Posts
We like the wild ones too, but ours were few and far between. Now blueberries, that another story. They are heavy on the bushes, and ripening quickly from the heat. We are racing the birds and squirrels to get them.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine are tame ones and i have them trained on a trellis

·
Administrator
4,025 Posts
My Bride's thornless vines didn't like that late freeze in May. The don't have many on them. Raspberries didn't either.
We plan on pickin' the wild ones to supplement makin' perserves this weekend.. They seem to be plentiful and should be ready.

·
Registered
12 Posts
We like the wild ones too, but ours were few and far between. Now blueberries, that another story. They are heavy on the bushes, and ripening quickly from the heat. We are racing the birds and squirrels to get them.
That's interesting because this was the best blackberry crop we've had in the last few years. Where in NC are you?

·
Premium Member
2,204 Posts
I've always had a problem picking blackberries, not too many make it in the container ;)

Reactions: mathgirl

·
Super Moderator
7,958 Posts
That's interesting because this was the best blackberry crop we've had in the last few years. Where in NC are you?
Between Winston Salem and Greensboro.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Always get chiggers picking the wild ones, no matter how careful I am.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
a couple of my blackberreis. That's a quarter in the center
blackberries.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
7,958 Posts
Nice! When's the cobbler gonna be ready?

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cobbler will be after the blackberry custard pie

1 - 13 of 13 Posts