Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight as I work on the board I am eating a big big piece of blackberry pie and a glass of milk. yum yum whats your favorite pie? ;)

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Wifey make me a lemon pie every year for my birthday. got me Dad hooked on it. Second favorite is cheesecake, covered in blueberries!!

·
Registered
311 Posts
I can eat a whole pumpkin pie if i get started so I try to skip the pie.....mike

·
Super Moderator
7,859 Posts
Most any kind rite now!!! I am waiting to go for a physical, and haven't eaten in many hours, and I wake up to all things, blackberry pie. My grandmas, aunts, and most all country women and their younguns I have known would go out and pick blackberries when growing up. Jams, Jellies, and pies made from them were a staple on farm kitchens in these parts. Some folks around have the thornless ones and they are fine, but the wild ones are the best. We have a few in the freezer and look for some each year.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Rhubarb or gooseberry custard pies. Mom taught Diane how she made them. At family get togethers if you want a piece you get it before you get your other food. Doesn't last long

·
Registered
449 Posts
Tree ripened peach, warm from the oven, with ice cream. Wild blackberry is my favorite jam and it goes on pancakes. Although wild huckleberry is almost as good....James

·
Registered
438 Posts
If my wife makes them. I love apple 1st and Blackberry a close 2nd. If they are store bought, I don't like either much.

·
Administrator
3,960 Posts
Like some, I can't choose just one. :?
Cherry.... Raspberry
Apple.... Blackberry
Peach.... Blueberry
Strawberry. In no particular order. One is just as good as another.
As long as it's got fresh fruit, sugar, a baked crust, and on the table.
You all can have my portion of those custard and cream pies. :x

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
bikerdave said:
I guess peach is my favorite, BUT I can't think of any I don't like! Being diabetic I'm not supposed to eat any.
Dave, Diane and I are both diabetics. She uses Splenda as the sweetener. Works great. :D

·
Registered
906 Posts
Oh, I know all about Splenda, but my wife doesn't bake, so I'm left with what's at the store and very little is "sugar free".
I've had her for forty-eight years, so I guess I'll keep her. She's a pretty good Mama

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dick said:
Why don't you email each of us a slice of that delicious pie?
I just sent it Dick hope ice cream don't melt on the way there ;)

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
BruceG34 said:
Cushaw pie. If you ever try it you'll never eat a punkin pie again.

Well technically a cushaw is a punkin
don't like cushaw but now I love sweet potatoe pie ..ever have it?

·
Registered
449 Posts
We don't use sugar, pick the fruit extra ripe, juice some of them and add to the fruit, canned or fresh. A little corn starch to thicken those sun ripened bits of natural sugar. Nothing better than a tree ripened peach....James

1 - 20 of 26 Posts